The best emulators on Android

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Oct 18, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hi there guys. Do you love emulating games? Well I do too. I have a lot of emulators installed on my Android device which allow me to play retro console games that I want. Here are my top three emulators:
    • DraStic - an excellent DS emulator
    • PPSSPP - allows me to play a lot of PSP games
    • ePSXe - one of the best PS 1 emulators around
    What are your top picks?

2. minotechonline

minotechonlineNew Member

Threads:
    I agree that Drastic is very very nice, hands down my favorite emulator on Android. I also like SNES9x EX+ for playing SNES games plus it is free. John Nes Lite for NES.... the ads aren't too bad at all. I am currently trying out a Sega Genesis emulator called GENplusDroid, but I haven't used it enough to know how it compares. I'll most likely check the ones you mentioned out too because I've never emulated PSP on my phone before.

3. BlackMage

BlackMageNew Member

Threads:
    I have never really thought about using an emulator on my android device, I didn't even know that there were so many apps about that. Thank you both for your posts, playing some of my favourite old games on my phone sounds really fun.

4. minotechonline

minotechonlineNew Member

Threads:
    It's usually a blast once you find the right emulators. The google play store has most of them and most emulators there either have a demo or a free version with ads. Also, for added fun you can plug in a controller to an OTG(on the go) adapter and use that instead of touch controls. However, using a xbox controller or just a plain old usb controller is a little complicated to set up at first but if you really wanted to there is that option . Enjoy!

5. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    So far, the only emulator that I have tried is ePSXe for PS1 games. I tried playing Resident Evil 3 and it was great. Nostalgia. :)

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Currently playing Tekken 3 on my ePSXe Android app and it's a blast. The only downside are the controls. The PS1 games were meant to be played with a controller and not on a touch screen. The lack of physical buttons is really an issue when playing PS1 games on Android. But as for DraStic, it's great because the DS is also a touch screen device.

7. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I do play games on my Android device sometimes. The best emulator I have used is the Dra-Stic Nintendo DS, which is better than any other Nintendo DS emulator on the Google Play store. I play the Pokemon Black 2, which is one of the best games I have tried. I'm glad someone has come up with an emulator that actually works on the Android device.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only used the ePSXe emulator on the pc, but not yet on my Android device. On my Android device, I've only used the java emulator app. I'll keep the suggested emulators in mind in case I need them in the future.