The best foreign movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by emilyrose93 • Mar 7, 2014.

1. emilyrose93

emilyrose93Member

Threads:
    Does anyone here enjoy watching foreign films?

I used to watch a lot of Japanese horror movies, not so much anymore. For a long time Battle Royale was my favourite movie. I've also seen the original Japanese movies of The Grudge, The Ring, Dark Water, etc. One movie I really like is Life is Beautiful, which is an Italian movie set during World War II. It's horribly sad though, so it's not exactly something I watch regularly! Also, Amelie, the French movie, is a big favourite of mine. That movie always makes me feel happy, which is a great thing for a movie to do.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a good question that I could answer for hours. I really enjoy German and Spanish movies. Tom Tykwer is one of my favourite film directors. His most famous movies are probably "Run Lola, run" and "Perfume". A lesser known movie is "Wintersleepers", which I have watched at least 30 or more times by now.
    Another foreign movie that I watch again and again is "The motorcycle diaries", in which Gael Garcia Bernal plays the young Che Guevara going on a four month, 8,000 km long dream motorcycle trip throughout South America with his friend Alberto Granado.

3. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I haven't watched a lot of foreign films that I can name from the top of my head. However I can definitely suggest you watch Battle Royale. Think of it as the original Hunger Games. If you want the full experience you should read the book first, but if you don't want to it is still a great movie.

4. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    I don't really watch a lot of foreign movies and I have only seen a few. Out of the films I have seen, I would have to say Pans Labyrinth is my favorite. The film is Spanish, but with subtitles I was easily able to follow along and enjoy the movie as it was English. Great movie by a great director.

5. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I have not seen many but I've seen enough to have a favorite. Out of all the foreign movies I've seen, new or old, I think the best is Seven Samurai. Even though it's very old and black and white, I still regard it as a cinematic masterpiece. I love plots like Seven Samurai, very engaging.

6. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite films of all time is Amelie, which is a French film about a quirky girl who seems has a sudden urge to help everyone she encounters. It's a wonderful movie, beautifully videographed as well.

Audrey Tautou was the one who played Amelie and she was perfect for the role.

The story is perfect and the way it was projected to the public was perfect as well.