The best messaging app?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Squigly • Oct 29, 2014.

1. watsadamen

watsadamenMember

Threads:
    The messaging app I use all the time is Viber. I find it very practical and convenient especially when communicating with friends or family abroad. Also sending pictures is a breeze in comparison to using iMessage. For text messaging though, iMessage is at par with installed apps.

2. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    I'm digging DrizzleSMS. Basically, it's a messaging app that pays you in 'drops' which you can redeem for gift cards every time you send or receive a text. It syncs with your regular number, so there's no hassle with that. It's relatively new, so there are some issues sometimes, but the UI is clean and user-friendly, there's a pop-up option so you don't actually have to go into the app to text, and you get paid for it!

Referral Link:

Non-Referral: Search it up on app store

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    The only chat app that I use is Facebook Messenger. I'm on Facebook quite a bit and have the app on my phone so it just makes sense. I had Kik messenger for a time but didnt really see the point. I'd rather just text people or talk on facebook.

4. DarlingSawyer

DarlingSawyerNew Member

Threads:
    go sms also is cute and nice

5. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried them all.
    I just prefer plain old SMS. This way I know everyone has it (even grandma.) Plus the other ones use data and I only use wifi no data so they are not available to me all the time (I have unlimited International SMS plan.)
    I also use the facebook messenger a lot for people I know out of country that don't have a good SMS plan.
    Whatsapp is probably the most popular standalone one, lots of people have that one and it has some neat features.
    Yik Yak is a very unique one that's popular with the young people these days.

6. AllAboutTheLincolns

AllAboutTheLincolnsMember

Threads:
    GroupMe is absolutely wonderful if you want a multi-person chatroom with customizable features. It works similarly to Facebook's group chat except it is has better integration for both computer and smart devices. It really works well if you're having meeting with friends or creative / business projects that need scheduling. I have used it plenty of times in college and it works like a charm!

7. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    I use whatsapp. It's pretty handy, considering my phone plan gives me a free subscription to it. I've been using it more than anything else!

8. MyPoesies

MyPoesiesMember

Threads:
    The best messaging app for me is the Messager app that Facebook has. I really like that I can see what time they saw the message and you can see them typing. You can't text anybody off of your Friend's list, but I don't text anybody that I don't have on Facebook anyways. Who I mostly text is my mother and my husband and they're obviously on my Facebook. I don't need anything else. I had kik at one time, but mostly everyone I met on there were perverts. And Kik is getting a bad rep now so I think a lot of people stay off of it now.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry if I cannot contribute much to this thread because the only messaging app I know is Whatsapp although I also have Viber for calling purposes. I had installed Whatsapp so that we have a way to communicate with people in our home when I go abroad. I rarely use texting because it is expensive. Since Whatsapp is free (as long as you have wifi) that's very convenient to use when I am out of the country. Whatsapp saves me a lot from roaming charges.

10. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Whatsapp and imessage are my favorites. I use Whatsapp with most people and imessage with whoever has an iphone. Both work great and I haven't had a need for other messaging apps in years.

11. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    My friends and I use Telegram Messenger. The great thing about it is that it has a desktop client as well as the phone apps, and the messages automatically sync up. It’s also supposed to be much more secure than the better-known apps. Not to mention, it’s surprisingly fun to have a conversation entirely consisting of stickers, haha.

12. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Right now the only messaging app I use is Kik. I have Facebook on the desktop and message with a few friends on there occasionally. I haven't downloaded the Facebook messenger, nor will I. I have one friend who consistently talks about things I don't want to discuss on Facebook on that messenger (on desktop), and I make it a point of deleting the convo when we're done. I don't do that in the (most likely false) belief that FB doesn't keep a copy, but more to put her on notice that I don't feel comfortable having discussions on there. I've used Google Talk in the past and liked that, but I also in the way far past used Yahoo and MSN messengers.

13. CaptainOblivious

CaptainObliviousMember

Threads:
    When choosing a messaging app the things that I consider are how many of my friends have it and how secure our conversations are. Keeping these factors in mind my favourite app for messaging right now is definitely Whatsapp . Recently they have unveiled a new feature which allows end to end encryption. This means that there is a very slim chance of any external agencies reading your chats. Apart from this Whatsapp is a very widely used messaging application and you would not need to ask people to install it in order to talk to them.

My only complaint with the app is that it does not allow me to send large videos. This is an issue because smartphones today usually capture high resolution video and it is usually not possible to size them down.

14. Dilof

DilofMember

Threads:
    I just use facebook messenger as it already has all of my contacts on it and you only need to sign in to your facebook to get it to work. It's also pretty nifty with the chat heads and obviously the emojis.

15. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The choice of app one uses really boils down to whether one is an early adopter, late adopter or innovator. I prefer apps that have an element of revenue share to those that don't. I am inclined to Tsu which shares its revenue with subscribers and hope to sign in soon. From there, I can influence my social circles to sign under my link. It is always good to wander off the beaten path and create one where there is none.

16. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    I'm using WhatsApp. There are a lot of benefits. First off, it's available for free. Second, it helps me save tons of money I would have wasted on all those conversations I would never call a necessity. Third, the design is awesome. I love it. And, probably most important, it's an international and well-known app, so my friends are using it.

17. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Facebook Messenger for most of my friends who are on Facebook, and that works fine for me. For my family, I always use the iMessage ssytem tht comes with the iPad. Everyone in my family has an iPad , iPhone, or both; so it is just the most convenient way for us to contact each other.
    If I have to contact omeone that does not have either Facebook or an Apple device, then I just email them.
    I can also text; but I really do not like that as well, and when I do text, I try to use the mesage app on my iPad ssince it is easier for me to see, and type with than using the small iPhone is for me.

18. Escad

EscadNew Member

Threads:
    I'm using facebook messenger and whatsapp, but i would prefer to use whatsapp since its easy to use, free and of course the design make whatsapp look faster than facebook. Not to mention also ,i was using blackberry messenger and telegram. Because when my friend use it, then i can communicate extensively rather than having only one messaging app.

19. lisasian86

lisasian86Member

Threads:
    My favourite is Whatsapp, I like the lay out of it and its ease of use. I find Facebook messenger slow and annoying and I used Snapchat for a while but that annoyed me too.

20. jonthai

jonthaiMember

Threads:
    For me snapchat is not a messaging app.Sure you can chat, but it's mostly for photos and it's not that good.I prefer and use whatsapp. it's way better and it has emojis I can use, in case I don't have an emoji keyboard.