The Best Thing About Easter?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Theo • Apr 4, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best thing about Easter beside the Easter eggs is that all the stores close on Easter Sunday, so people can actually have a whole weekend off. I'm glad, as I used to work in retail and it was always the best holiday.

Besides being the most religious holiday, it's also a time when the sun is out and daylight saving starts and it's like a new beginning. With the lunar eclipse as well, it's symbolic of a fresh start.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To me, the best thing about Easter, besides Jesus rising from the grave, is those delectable Cadbury Creme Eggs.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Yes! I agree! My boyfriend works in a restaurant and they are actually closed on Sunday! I love how he finally gets a day off this weekend. I am happy that he gets to relax.

4. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I know it's a religious holiday to celebrate the rising of Jesus, but I really enjoy it throubmy kids eyes. They get so excited about the Easter egg hunting and Easter bunny that it's hard not to get excited from watching them. I also enjoy that it's a day I get spend with them. I guess I would say my favorite part of Easter is spending it with my family.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well two of my aunties came over to my house today - an unannounced visit, which I always loathe. But it turns out that the both of them came with a card for me, and when I opened them, once they'd left, there was money in both of the cards. An Easter gift. To hell with the chocolate. Show me the money lol. I could really do with the money right now, so I was really grateful for it.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was a kid I loved Easter, as we always decorated our Easter eggs in a special way. My cousin and I always used to collect interesting flowers and leaves which we would attach to eggs, which we put into nylon stockings. Then we would cook the eggs in a bowl of water containing yellow or red onion skins. The silhouettes from the plants always looked spectacular and unique. :)

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best thing about Easter for me is the reminder that salvation is assured for all. That's all for me I think. I'm self-employed so holidays mean nothing to me. And I'm never in town during the Easter weekend so I don't know if there's anything good in town [for me].

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to think of it as a time where it is peaceful and there is no stress. In some ways better than Christmas as there is no pressure for gifts. I once spent Easter in Florence, Italy and it was like a festival with doves being released and so many bishops arriving into the city. I also like that Easter Eggs will go on sale on Monday. Happy Easter DH.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to love the Easter break when I worked full time, because it meant a little break away from work. I now don't get as much out of it as I don't have a full time job, I still have to work. I like that people are able to take time out of their schedule to meet up. This Easter I've seen more family and friends than I normally would :)

10. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Easter means different things to different people. Obviously there's the religious aspect to it, that's why we have easter in the first place but its also a family time, a lot of family's who live apart or are too busy to meet up choose the easter weekend to come together.

Obviously the kids love it because of the easter eggs and other easter related activities that are usually put on in towns and cities, and of course people get to have time off work, for some people its the ONLY time they get to have a weekend off work.

11. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    For me the best thing about easter is to be with your family the whole day without thinking about work, diet or any stress related things. Malls are open in my place so it is nice to watch movies and have family bondings.