The Best Thing You've Ever Eaten?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Esperahol • Sep 9, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    So like the title says - what is the best thing you've ever eaten? I honestly can't answer this question, although I could give a specific example - like the best fried thing or the best thing dealing with chocloate. Anyway can you tell me the best thing you've ever eaten?

2. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Anything that has chocolate can be my best friend. Besides that I love seafood gumbo it's the best thing ever.

3. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I like eating chopped chilli fried pig ears mixed with soy sauce and vinegar :D its crunchy. If you haven't eaten such, You almost lose half the time of your life I'm pretty sure of that.

4. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    There's just too many to mention but one meal I ate recently was quite tasty. Lamb shoulder with mint sauce, greens and potatoes and a bit of gravy.

5. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    hhmmm...So many things, so little time... I do remember a chocolate mousse cake from Whole Foods Market that was to die for. I also had some Salted Caramel ice cream from Kilwins chocolate shop recently which I found completely satisfying. Too many other things to even list. I do think that the hungrier a person is, the better tasting EVERYTHING is!

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Chocolate from Switzerland. It was brought back to the US from a good friend of mine. He and his wife had traveled there and brought some back for me as a thank you gift. I had helped them with some problems they had in their business. I requested that they share this chocolate with thier staff as well. By the time I got a taste of it, the staff had already eaten the rest. I only got a little taste of it and regretting sharing it after I ate it.

7. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    The best meal I ever had was the last time I was in Italy. It was at this restaurant on a hilltop overlooking the vineyard and all the food was so fresh and cooked to perfection. I don't even remember all of what we got but we started with some cheese and salami antipastos, then I had gnocchi with a meat sauce and ended it with a nice grilled veal chop. They prepared everything fresh and butchered the animals earlier the same day so it was never frozen or pumped with chemicals.

8. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I love this local Chinese restaurant where they offer the best Yangchow rice there is. They have a variety of Chinese foods that just makes your mouth water in an instant. Although the price is a bit steep and you can't expect to eat from there everyday. :D

9. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    The best healthy meal I've ever eaten was a spinach and arugula salad with an avocado cream sauce. The best unhealthy snack I've ever had is a creamy, melt-in-your-mouth Ghirardelli milk chocolate baking bar.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It hard to say what the absolute best thing I've eaten. Once I had grilled salmon at an overpriced tourist trap restaurant in San Francisco. I can honestly say it was one of the best thing I've ever eaten.

A close second was a sandwich I got in a restaurant in downtown Oakland. It was like eating a Thanksgiving dinner in a sandwich. It had real roasted turkey (not that pressed stuff) cornbread dressing, and homemade cranberry sauce. I would eat one every month. Then the owner sold the restaurant and the new owners didn't know how to fix the sandwich even though they got hundreds of request for it.

11. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I think the best thing I have ever eaten is that smoked turkey legs that they cook at the L A county fair. I don't know why they taste so good but they do. I try to do them at home and they don't seem to come out right with the flavor. But they are delicious, you may want to try some if you live in the area.

12. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I think the best thing I've eaten in recent years is the giant paella they cooked in our village on the patron saint's day. It was cooked on an open fire in a pan the size of a small country. Well, perhaps it wasn't that big, but it was big enough that the six men cooking it had to use garden spades to stir it and get into the middle of the pan. It was a true Valencian Paella, made with rabbit, chicken and snails. Okay, I couldn't do the snails, but that paella, served on a paper plate with a hunk of bread and a glass of Spanish beer was the best meal I've had in a long time.

13. jonateen

jonateenNew Member

Threads:
    My most favorite food is cornbread. I like it because it tastes like cake. My other favorite is Pizza Hut's stuffed crust pizza. I love all kinds of foods but I mainly like stuff that can be salty and sweet. I like almonds and yogurt. I also like lasangna with lots of meat and cheese, mmmmmm

14. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I like stuffed crust pizza it has a nice taste to it, but it can be greasy. Every since I first ordered it I couldn't stop eating it because it tastes so good. There are other things that I like, but they don't really compare to the stuffed crust. Chocolate was a close second I usually eat this after my meal.

15. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    The best thing I had was a huge plate of shrimp fettuccine alfredo at this Italian restaurant called Artu in Boston. It was so delicious that I almost ate the whole bowl. The owners were so nice to and you felt like you were eating at home. It was so creamy and tasty. I hope it's still open!

16. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    The best thing I have ever eaten is a traditional Indian meal of Roti and Curry Chicken. Although, I love milk and white chocolate, I try to stay away from them, because its too sweet.

17. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    There's a Mexican resteraunt that I go to once or twice a month. They have a grilled chicken nacho plate that is to die for. Baked chips, melted cheese, grilled chicken, pico de gallo, jalapenos, and then a side of guacamole and sour cream that I smear all over it. I only get it every once in a while since I'm looking at around 800 calories each time I get it but it is SO good!

18. cmarten

cmartenMember

Threads:
    I couldn't pick. The 'best' thing I ever ate depends largely on what I'm hungry for at the time. Those nachos sound wonderful! I could do with some savory, spicy thing right now. But dark chocolate covered blueberries are up there as the most delicious. Frozen grapes are probably the most refreshing, simple food.

There are too many delicious foods in the world.

19. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Bread Pudding from The Ram in Indianapolis. I wish I was eating some right now.

20. Mikered25

Mikered25Member

Threads:
    I have tasted many foods, but I would have to say that when I had sushi for the first time I was amazed. At first, I had a strong distaste for anything I haven't already eaten, but nonetheless one my friends talked me into trying sushi. Once I tried the raw sushi dish, I instanstly fell for the food and now I love sushi. Everytime I go to a chinese buffet, I make sure that they have sushi that I can eat. I like california rolls with wasubi on the side.