The best toilet paper

Discussion in Misc & Others started by writer811 • Aug 10, 2012.

1. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    What is the best brand of toilet paper? Or if there are good brands for multiple areas, what are those? I'm looking for absorption capability, longevity and low price in particular but I am willing to sacrifice extra money for better toilet paper if necessary.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    The best brand names in my opinion would be Charmin Ultra Strong or Cottonelle. They have comfort and absorption, not to mention they have a good amount of tissue on their rolls.

Anything outside of that would Trader Joe's toilet tissue. Not quite as soft, but amazingly soft for them not being a major brand and it seemed like that pack lasted forever.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Toilet paper is one area where I am not prepared to sacrifice quality in order to save money. In fact, it's a false economy, as cheap paper tends to be smaller and thinner, so you end up using more. I like Quilted Velvet, because it's soft, my finger doesn't go through it when I use it, and the company plants three trees for every one it uses, so they're acting responsibly towards the environment. I usually stock up when it's on special offer to keep the costs down.

4. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    Alright, Charming Ultra, Trader Joe's and Quilted Velvet. Thanks! I can't wait to try each of these and see what I make of them. I don't know if I'll be able to find Trader Joe's, though. It sounds more like a small, localized brand.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I'm all for Charmin myself. It's what I've always used and what we've always preferred. Scott's isn't too bad either, but it's usually only what I buy if I have a coupon or they're out of the Charmin I like.

6. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I think as long as you are getting two ply and a double roll you will get value for your money and it will be a good product. Many store brands are good, and introducing recycled or "green" products that I have found fine. I do like Northern two ply and yes double roll if I have to specify a name brand. The single ply, even name brands, I would not buy.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really bother whether I got a good or inferior quality of toilet paper, since I'm just gonna use them for wiping anyway. But I agree that a 2 ply toilet paper would be the best one to buy. I have used those single ply ones and they were too thin, so you end up using more as compared to a 2 ply roll.

8. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I will always be an Andrex person myself, lol. It's the toilet paper that my mum and dad always bought, so its now what I buy :D. I don't like cheap toilet paper, lets face it, you only pay a little more for the better stuff anyway.