The Curved Pillow As Seen On Tv

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Ruth B. • May 15, 2014.

1. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I believe it's called the side sleeper pillow. It was very wimpy and fell apart within 3 days. There is not the neck support it claims to be even though I turned it the way it was suppose to go. And that's another thing, who wants to have to read instructions on how to sleep? I was able to get my money back, but buyer beware.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's funny instructions on how to sleep. You never know what you are going to get when you purchase from those tv commericals that make everything sound so good. The commerical makes it sound like you have to rush out and get one of what ever it is being sold right away. Glad you got your money back.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah like we can follow instructions when we are asleep. Talk about something silly product. The odd thing is like other as seen on TV products the commercial made it sound so great, but then when doesn't it? Like I have said before I usually don't take the commercial for the product as the actual endorsement for the product. After all, its the commercial its suppose to sing its praises. For me I go to the Internet to read what other consumers who purchased the product have to say abuot it. Actually I can also come here now, because the review the OP gave me of this product has let me know I don't want to ever buy it. I am just glad that they were able to get their money back.

4. Peachdejour

PeachdejourMember

Threads:
    I'm so glad I came here before I tried it. I have a brain and spinal cord disease and I'm looking for a really good pillow. I can cross this one off my list now. Thank you for the reviews!

5. westmixxin

westmixxinMember

Threads:
    I thought it was going to be a great pillow as well but obviously it's horrible. I have really bad pillows over here at my house there so basic they provide absolutely no comfort whatsoever and I'm looking forward to finding a pillow that actually works. I really need something that's going to support me.

6. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    The commercials for these products are all the same just a different product and they are truly annoying. They make it sound as though you cannot live without it and that you have to order it before the commercial ends. Sometimes, the idea of the product is a good one but for others I cannot believe they even are trying to sell it. I am glad that you were able to get your money back for the pillow. I would not be able to handle having to read instructions for a pillow. How complicated can it be, right?

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Curved pillows are not exactly comfortable to use. They're rather inconvenient and lack the softness of cotton pillows that I'm accustomed to. I won't trade my big cotton pillow for anything. I don't even understand why they would try to innovate on pillows when there are lots of more important things you can innovate on.

8. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was just writing an article on a bamboo pillow. I thought I had heard everything! Anyway, the curved pillow just sounds like a nother novelty pillow that they try to sell to people who might have some sort of orthopedic problems. It sounds like smoke and mirrors, and if it is not comfortable, why would anyone buy it?

9. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I appreciate the review as well. It's good to know that this pillow isn't worth the money.

I'd actually be wary of ordering one that I couldn't check out and actually touch first anyway. I have a neck (and back) injury that makes sleeping difficult. I'd love to find a pillow that offered proper neck support.

In this case, spending more on a pillow would be worth it to me if it were good quality. Of course, I'd still look for the place that had the best price, but I'm definitely willing to spend more for something that works.

I've tried a lot of pillows. Sigh.

10. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been thinking about getting one of the bamboo pillows, too, @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon, and wonder what your report on them said. Do you have one, and if so, do you like it ?
    We had a peron at the local kroger store who was demonstrating the bamboo pillows, and he said they were usually around $100, but they were selling them at two for about $60 with the Kroger special price.
    I didn't have the money to buy them, but they felt like they would be comfortable and nice to sleep on.
    I looked on Amazon to see if they sold them, and you can get a pair of the same pillows from Amazon for about $40, so a lot cheaper than they were at kroger.
    I have some Amazon gift cards, and we are still considering whether we should buy them or not. Does anyone else have experience with the bamboo pillows ?

11. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure what it is, but for some reason it is always the ones that have to do with beds and pillows and sleeping that seem to perk my ears up the most, in terms of the television advertisements. I remember first being all about the whole bowling ball and glass of wine thing, and then all of the shaped pillows and space aged mattresses. I never end up buying them though, but I just imagine if I did I would be sleeping on a cloud every night.

12. acheno84

acheno84Member

Threads:
    I'm really a princess when it comes to my pillows. If they do not have the right fluff, I can't do it. I hate nothing more than trying to sleep on rock hard, flat, pancake pillows. I'll stack up 3 if I have to in order to get the decent angle for me to sleep. I haven't ordered pillows that I can't actually touch and feel. This just seems scary. I'm sorry to hear the pillows were crummy and not what it was cracked up to be. Glad you were able to get your money back at least.

13. jonthai

jonthaiMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the head up! It's really such a shame they use pillows as a scam. I've been needing a good night of sleep with no neck pain, and that's really hard without good pillows, but I've never ordered from TV as i don't trust that much on those products.

14. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1New Member

Threads:
    I saw that commercial about the pillow a couple days ago. I thought the pillow was interesting but I don't need a pillow. In any event, it sucks it didn't work out for you. It should of worked. I guess you don't always get what you pay for it.

15. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Its not a waste of time to read or pay attention to the user manual of items you want to buy. This will enable you to gauge their usability. This thread is about pillows and I would like to offer that there is quite a good pillow called the U Comfort pillow which is quite good for patients suffering from chronic pain and would save alot in terms of medications one is supposed to take before going to sleep.

16. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since this thread was started and I posted before, I have actually purchased two of the special bamboo covered pillows that are supposed to be the same as the My Pillow one seen on TV commercials.
    My husband likes a thicker pillow , and he loves his; but it is too thick for me, and does not squish down at all. I think that for someone who wants a nice thick pillow, this would be perfect though.
    We have a store called Bargain Hunters (liquidation store), and they had the same pillows on sale for under $40 for the set, I think it was about $25 for both pillows if I remember right.
    Now that I am doing the Amazon product reviews, I have discovered a whole plethora of these pillows for $1 each, and wishing that I hadn't spent $25 for the pair.
    I just ordered some that also have the cooling gel inside them, since it is so hot right now, and a cooling pillow would be perfect for the summer weather. They were only $1 to try also; so I am not out much if we do not like them.