The Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by andrew320 • Jul 18, 2012.

1. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    How do you plan to watch "The Dark Knight Rises"? Are you going to watch it in theatre? Waiting for it on DVD? Waiting for it to appear on television? Purchase a bootleg?

I'm seeing it next Tuesday for cheapy Tuesdays! I'm looking forward to it!

2. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I think I will wait until it comes out on DVD or I can get it on eBay for cheap.
    We don't have cheapy Tuesdays or anything like that here :(

3. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I'll definitely catch it in theaters. The fact that it is the sequel to The Dark Knight and the final film in the Batman series directed by Christopher Nolan makes it an unmissable event. The early reviews are overwhelmingly positive so I imagine it's going to shatter few box office records.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I most likely won't watch until after I've seen whatever the second one with Heath Ledger was called. I forget the name, but I do think that Christian Bale was one of the better, if not best Batmans. Of course, there was also a different vibe to his set of movies, so in a way, it's not that fair to really compare them all.

5. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    Hmm...I'm probably just going to wait for it to come out on DVD. I hardly ever go to the movies since it is a bit expensive and I don't have time. But I have only heard positive things about the movie so I'm sure that it's going to do great at the box office.

6. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    I'm looking forward to seeing it but I'm not to sure i will go to the theater to watch it i think ill just wait till it comes on dvd.

7. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I am planning to see this one at the cinema. I watched the other ones at the cinema and I am far more excited to see this one. Love Christian Bale as Batman and I have a feeling that the story is going to be a great one where everything comes full circle. So, definitely the cinema for this one. Plus Batman and movies like it are just better (for me, at least), on the BIG screen. (-:

8. mark500

mark500New Member

Threads:
    I have seen it and enjoyed Batman's stunts with his new flying car. I mostly like the first scene of airplane crash in batman.

9. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I'm not real big on the Batman series so I will wait for it to come out in Redbox or on TV, it isn't the type of movie that I would pay to watch. I don't go to movies very often anyway.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    We don't have anything like "cheapy Tuesdays." Our theater doesn't even have matinee prices any more! And they've jacked the prices up!

So for me, I'll be waiting until it comes out on DVD unfortunately. By then, I probably won't even have the desire to watch it as much, so I'll wait until it's off new release, too.

11. Devamma

DevammaNew Member

Threads:
    I've watched it in theaters three times. Unfortunately, the first time I watched I had to pay full IMAX premium because I went for the midnight showing. The second time, I went matinee at the same theater and only paid $6. The third time I went with a friend, and she paid for me (which the best!).

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Dark Knight Rises is tainted for me because of the Colorado movie theater shooting and now I don't care if I ever see it. Every time I hear that movie title, I'm always going to remember that 12 people are dead and 59 injured just because they wanted to watch a movie. They have now edited the trailers and removed all gun references out of respect for the victims.

13. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    If everyone's already seen it... I'd like to say this was a big disappointment.

I did go on Tuesday to watch it... CHEAP TUESDAYS! But honestly, they did a really bad job on this final installment of the trilogy. I wish they had stayed true to the mythos.. and not added so many extras.

14. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    I'm planning on seeing it next week, trying to evade spoilers until then, but the review scores are great! hope the movie is sick(i know it is) :p

15. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I have already downloaded a copy. Haven't gotten around even to skim over it. If it's good, I would watch from beginning to end. If it's not so good, I would skim over it. Like jump from part to part until I find something interesting.

16. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    It was a pretty sucktastic movie overall. I mean it had bad pacing, it went totally Michael Bayish with all the special effects, and the acting... When you have a villian you should probably not make him cover his mouth up, because then he can't be heard over the score, background FX, and the audience. I still hate that thing Bale does with his Batman voice, and I could hardly hear over the score. Why the heck was the score so utterly loud?! There were other things, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

17. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    I already saw it in the theater but i am also planing on getting it the movie is good I am a big movie nut so if there is a movie I like I have to own it. If you haven't seen the movie you should really go see it its great Warner Brothers really hit a home run on this one.

18. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    I still haven't got around to watching it yet, I will probably wait for a DVD to come out before I go and pay a stupid price at the cinema, only to be surrounded by lots of people and not be able to watch it in my own time. I like to be able to pause and continue when I feel like it. I heard it's very good, but not if you're expecting the same sort of thing as the first one.

19. guidedessensations

guidedessensationsNew Member

Threads:
    Planned to watch this movie wid frns in theater..