The Gorilla

Discussion in Product Reviews started by MrsJones • Dec 31, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Have you used any of the Gorilla products, the glue or the tape? I have used the wood glue on some of my Diy projects and have been very surprised at how fast it works. It was tough time squeezing it out of the bottle but does live up to its name 'Gorilla Glue.' It's worth paying a little extra for it. I've seen advertisements of the Gorilla Tape as well. I am going to try that next.

Anyone else try the Gorilla products? I'd like to hear more about the Gorilla tape than what I've seen on television.

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have used Gorilla Glue many times and had a lot of success with it. I didn't know there was also Gorilla Tape. If it is as good as the glue, I'd be willing to give it a try. I'm interested, too, if anyone has any reviews of it!

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gorilla glue is fantastic. Works much better than "No More Nails". You are right, squeezing it out is difficult, but I imagine that's just because of its consistency. It's worth paying a little bit more for products like this - it means whatever job you are doing is completed successfully the first time round.

I'd give Gorilla tape a go too, if needed. It looks like it could be a real lifesaver in some situations. I wonder if there are any coupons around?

4. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    I've used the tape before and in all honesty, it's monstrously strong to the point that it's almost a little overkill for the purposes I use it for. I end up going with a more permanent fixture solution if I need that kind of strength like conventional hardware screws, or some sort of epoxy. It's a great product, assuming that you can find a good use-case for it. It's certainly useful, but for me purposes it sits in an uncomfortable spot between regular duct tapes and hardier solutions like nails, screws and stronger bonding adhesives.

5. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I just had to pop back onto this discussion for a second. it's so funny, I hadn't heard of Gorilla Tape until I read the original post, but since then, I have seen a commercial for it no less than five times. I always get a chuckle when things like that happened.

Oh, and in the commercial, a woman is using it as packing tape to close a box she's about to mail. If it's as strong as Nonsiccus says, I don't think the sender has to worry about anything happening to that box!