The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - are you excited?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Oct 19, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was pretty impressed with the first Hunger Games movie that I now am craving for more. Hunger Games: Catching Fire will be on cinemas next month and I can't wait to watch it. I expect it to be far better than the first movie. Here's the trailer if you haven't seen it yet:
    [video=youtube;keT5CRhhy84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keT5CRhhy84[/video]
    Excited? You should be. :D

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When they released the first Hunger Games movie I thought, man, won't this movie be great! And then I sit through the first hour without any action. To make matters worse they screw up the Haymitch character and try to make him appear caring. It was disgusting.

What I'll do this time round is wait until the DVD comes out and buy a used one. . .

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was really excited for the Hunger Games, and I thought the movie was pretty good. However, as I wasn't really crazy about Catching Fire as much as the first, I'm a bit less excited for the movie. I will still watch it, but I'm not holding my breath. Now the last one I'm actually curious about - I hated the book, so let's see how the movie goes.

4. lindbergh

Threads:
    I hope that the director and movie producers did not get lazy with this movie and just use the success of the first flick to generate sales for this sequel. I hope that they put in a lot of time and effort to surpass the first movie. The first Hunger Games movie had some flaws that need to be addressed like the lack of interesting things happening onscreen at certain points in the movie. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

5. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I got a little too excited about the first movie and this resulted in me being let down a little bit. I'm looking forward to seeing what this has to offer, but I won't be getting excited as last time. The start seemed way too dry and it just took a while to really get going.

6. BlackMage

BlackMageNew Member

Threads:
    I've never read the books, but I really enjoyed watching the first movie. If the second part turns out to be a lower quality movie, just because "everyone is going to watch it anyways", I'm gonna be very disappointed. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

7. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I loved reading the books, but I was disappointed in the first movie. I hope the producers learned their lesson from hearing all the complaints about the first movie being poorly made. I will probably watch this movie on DVD. I do not want to spend a lot of money on a movie ticket. I am afraid that I will be disappointed again.

8. lindbergh

Threads:
    I haven't read the book too. I have no intention of ever reading it also. This is probably one of the reasons why I liked the movie - I want expecting anything. I didn't really know about the Hunger Games before the movie came out. That way, I could not compare it to the source material. I couldn't tell if it was loyal to the source material or not. Ignorance is bliss. :)

9. krab

krabNew Member

Threads:
    It wasn't as bad as some book to movie adaptions to be honest; they missed out on a lot of the themes that the book portrayed, but it had the overall same feel to it. Compare the adaption to say, Eragon, and you won't be complaining too much. I feel like at this point no matter what they do, they'll turn out a profit on the 2nd movie.

10. Inconsitency

InconsitencyNew Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I didn't enjoy the first movie. Compared to the novel, the movie was just a shallower version of the book. In the movie, they shortened the actual "Hunger Games" so much, while adding useless details. It felt like watching 45 minutes of introductions, 20 minutes of the action, then another 30 minutes of fillers. The movie wasn't planned out very well, as the boring parts of the movie felt very drawn out, while the actual Hunger Games were very short. I was extremely disappointed in the film, so I am not excited for the second ones. As krab said, the producers of Eragon messed up big time. Due to their grave errors, Eragon is highly unlikely to sequel (film). However, I still enjoyed the film, even though it was a butchered interpretation of the novel, but I did not feel the same way about Hunger Games. Hunger Games felt really hyped up, and in reality, was a terrible film - most of their current film fans should read the novel if they have not done so already, because it is a lot better.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I found the first movie to be boring, but tolerable. It definitely didn't make me want to see this sequel, but then again, I don't really think I would be part of the demographics that the makers of this film were aiming for. From the looks of this trailer though, I almost feel like the first one had much more personality, even though I found it painfully mediocre.

12. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't watched the first installment of the Hunger Games movie. I think I will watch the first movie to see how I like it. I have read the series, which is AWESOME!

13. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not really excited about this new movie. I was disappointed in the Hunger Games and I don't know if I want to see Catching Fire. The preview looks good, but they always do. That doesn't mean that it will be a good movie. I will wait and see first.

14. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    I agree with Denis. The first hour was so dull, I almost felt like leaving. The Hunger Games was all about action and the dramatic portrayal of the government, yet in the movies it seemed to be about the Peeta/Katniss relationship. I found the movie to be awful in contrast to the books. And with the books, I thought the final installment was practically unnecessary - it was just so dragged on!

15. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't read the books, but after watching the movie, I would rather read the book. I don't think the second one will change my mind either. I just didn't get what the hype was about the first movie and I was really let down when it didn't live up to the hype. That is why I don't want to see the sequel. I don't want to be disappointed again.

16. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    I was really late to the Hunger Games scene. Considering I'm not a girl or 13, I avoided it. It was a 36 year old male coworker that told me the books were good, and worth reading. I didn't believe him, and questioned his taste in books. But, my library has a digital section I use all the time and the Hunger Games series were there in audio format. I figured, I have nothing to lose by listening to the first one. Just as I finished the first book, my wife started reading them. I enjoyed the first book enough to get the other two. I finished them by the end of the week, and had a new found appreciation for the series. This series did not go as I would have expected and I was very surprised. If the characters were older, no one would have ever thought this we a book for teens. It's a solid sci-fi series with very interesting ideas about society. The audio books from the library had a bonus interview with the author that was really interesting as well. I hope the movies do this story justice. I watched the first one with my wife and it was good. So, I'm anticipating the others will be just as good.

17. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I never read the books but they are indeed on my list of books to read in the future. I saw the first movie and I loved it! The casting was amazing and I found the acting to be great! I love the whole storyline and how they portrayed it on the screen; very intense. I'm not a huge fan of the series, but I'm excited for the next installment and I'm sure that I'll be watching it in the theatres. :D

18. Pickicool

PickicoolNew Member

Threads:
    Hungers Games .... Personally, I did not like the first film, because I had already read the first book. It takes all the suspense, intrigue, etc ...

I do not want to ruin my experience, so I did not read the second book. , I can say that the film will be epic! Because just by looking at the trailer, I want to see.

I hope there will be more action than in the first movie. I expect that the special effects and the soundtrack is very much successful.
    I feel that it will become the new Twilight with at least four films. Personally, it does not bother me, because I love Hunger Games.

I trust those who take care of the film. It is already in theater I think.

19. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I don't know why there is so much hype on this film. Frankly speaking the first part wasn't that great. There is no point of releasing the second.

20. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I like the second preview, but that still doesn't make me want to watch it. I like the previews for the first movie and was disappointed, so I don't hold out much hope for the second one being really good. I think it may be better than the first, but I don't expect spectacular.