The last disappointing product you bought?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by BarelyHangingOn • Jun 12, 2012.

1. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    What was the last disappointing product you bought? I thought of this topic after a purchase I made on the weekend.

I bought these two Hampton Bay Solar Motion Sensor LED lights from Home Depot on the weekend. The little stand at the bottom has a screw that goes into it to hold the light to the base. Well the light has no hole in it but the base does. I had to drill a hole into it just to get the base to stay on.

That aside, they don't work. They have been in the sun charging for three days straight now and they don't work. Both of them will not come on at night. I was looking forward to having one in the laneway and one in the backyard. They are both going back tomorrow. A big waste of money.
    15886.20096014_4.
    What was your last bad purchase?

2. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    A cheap cordless phone. It ended up going bad on me after a month. Needless to say I went with a more expensive brand the next time and so far so good.

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a book over the weekend thinking that I could use it in my Psychiatry class only to find out that my Psychiatry professor do not like that book and he said that that book is not helpful in his class. He said that the book enumerates and do not explain the topics. So I just hide it in my bag and I didn't let anybody know that I bought one.

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I stood in Walmart at the hair supply department for about 20 minutes, looking at all of their flat irons. I saw cheap ones, generic looking ones, and higher end. I finally settled on the John Frieda model. He usually has good products and I liked the way it looked. For Walmart, it was one of the more expensive models $49 and I figured it will last. I got it home and hated everything about it! It was plasticky, hummed when I plugged it in, was too light and lacked the weight needed to flat out hair, and the on off button was a long strip and shut off every time I squeezed the iron to flat out my hair. Needless to say, It went right back to Walmart and I got my refund.

5. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to say the last disappointing product I bought was a subscription to NFL magazine for my husband for his birthday. Get home today and have a check in the mail telling me they have cancelled the magazine and are giving me a full refund. Talk about disappointment for my husband.

6. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    From my side, a credit card from Bank of America: errors, mistakes, delayed mail, wrong address, difficulties to automatically pay it back .. unbelievable
    Go elsewhere !!!

7. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Last thing I bought that disappointed me was a handheld TV. On the back of the package it said it would pick up all these stations, but when I turned it on there were only 3 working ones. I couldn't get the channels that they described on the back of the package. I was upset and I was going to return the item, but the policy doesn't allow electronic returns.

8. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Last disappointment for me was a prepaid 20 dollar Nintendo 3DS points card. Turns out that the lady at the register never activated my card and I couldn't get the code legible since I scratched off too much of it. And I threw away the receipt as soon as I got home so I couldn't go back to the store activate it and then call Nintendo's support line for the code. Major bummer in my opinion.