The Lego Movie?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Brad • Feb 28, 2014.

1. Brad

BradMember

Threads:
    Has anyone recently seen this? I'm going to see it on Sunday as I've heard pretty good things about it. Although it seems childish, I'm actually quite excited to go and see this, and give my honest opinions on it, whether I feel it's worth the hype or whether I feel it's over-hyped.

I'll update the thread when I have watched the movie with my thoughts.

2. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I went with my brother to see it last weekend, I didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised. I haven't played with legos in years but still enjoyed the movie, it is clear they put a lot of time into the film and it was a pleasure to watch. My little brother enjoyed it even more and is wanting to go see it again already, I might just tag along with him!

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I watched this movie with my girl two weeks back because I saw the reviews at Rotten Tomatoes stating that it was a great movie. I was expecting a lot from it to be honest. So I went there with pop corn in one hand and the hand of my girl in the other. Oh how disappointed I was. I even fell asleep for a few minutes during one stretch in the movie. Yes, it had some funny jokes but that's it. It's just a kid's movie. Nothing more.

4. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    Planning to watch this Lego movie with the whole fam bam, the kids are so excited when they saw the ad on tv. Haven't read any reviews yet, maybe I'll find time later. Anyway, how did you find the movie? Do you think the kids are going to love it? I'm not that excited but the kids are so thrilled so I just hope it will meet their expectations.

5. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    My parents took my little brother, but I didn't get to go. I did hear a lot of good things about it though. It did look like it was going to be a fun movie to watch. When it comes to animated movies I always feel like a kid at heart you can't go wrong with watching an animated movie to cheer you up or just go with family to see it together.

6. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    When I first seen it advertised I thought it was a movie aimed at kids. Although it may be the case, a lot of my friends who are adults have came to me and said they really enjoyed the movie. I probably won't see it in the cinema, but I might rent it when it becomes available on demand in a few months.

7. erikao1o

erikao1oMember

Threads:
    I thought that the Lego Movie was hilarious! After I left, I kept singing the Everything is Awesome song that they sung during the movie. It was definitely a good movie for both children and adults. I was entertained for the entire duration of the movie, and I really enjoyed the ending. The movie was not predictable at all, I was surprised by how it ended!

8. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, i thought that Lego was supposed to be dead and I don't know how it made its comeback. I played with a lot of Legos when I was a kid so I'm glad they're back. I saw the trailers for the movie and I know that it's going to be great. I haven't watched it yet but judging by the responses, I thought right.

9. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I am planning to take the kids to see it tomorrow. It looks really funny and I thought it would be great for all three of my kids. My middle son loves the "lego shows" like Ninjago. I think he will enjoy it the most but I have to admit that it does look really funny. I heard that the word awesome is used very frequently which I think is funny but it'n not exactly a word the kids use much anymore. I am looking forward to watching it.

10. RaidAurora

RaidAuroraMember

Threads:
    I went to the movie on a double date. It is everything you wanted from a movie about Legos that you didn't know you wanted. Probably one of the best movies I've ever spent money on in my entire life, I remember sitting in the theater with my jaw nearly dropped in some of the scenes. Gorgeous visuals, brilliant writing, and a surprisingly heartwarming side plot you'd never see coming. Really, just, great. Cannot recommend it enough.

11. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I heard this was a really good movie.

I'm always hesitant to see "kids movies" seeing as I'm not a child and I don't have any childern, but this movie is on my "to see" list.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My grand kids saw the movie and thought it was good. I tried to look at the movie and was very disappointed. I like Legos, I like cartoons but that was not good at all. I could not get the story line.

13. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    I went to go see it with my niece. I usually enjoy the Pixar and disney shows but I was not expecting to like the Lego show, needless to say it was a really great show even for the adults. I thought the story line was really good. After you see it you'll have the "everything is awesome" song stuck in your head for a while haha. Overall a good movie to take your kids to.

14. amynichole318

Threads:
    We went to see it yesterday and I was really expecting a lot more. I got really bored, though it did have some funny parts. I did really like the end though but to me, I wish we would have gone to see Mr. Peabody. This was the first movie ever that I actually started falling asleep through. My daughter did fall asleep and she wanted to leave, my 7 year old and 12 year old liked it better but they didn't like how is ended.

15. amynichole318

Threads:
    I could follow the story line but my kids could not. It was really confusing and didn't make a lot of sense. I asked my daughter what it was about and she said she had no idea.

16. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    This movie is awesome! It might sound childish yes, but my girlfriend and I laughed the whole time. It has some adult humor (not sexual) put in there, and the characters are a lot of fun, especially Batman. The story is a bit cliche' granted, but the characters and dialog makes up for it, and the visuals, wow. At first I thought the animation would be a bit iffy since their using Lego's but man, it has some pretty cool animations and visuals. But I think what makes this movie fun is the humor and the characters, they're just really fun to watch, and the line throwing is just spot on. I highly recommend this movie, even though its childish, I assure you you'll be laughing. Everything is awesome!