The most I ever paid for a beauty product was . . .

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by True2marie • Dec 20, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    The most I ever paid for a beauty product was $30 for an under eye cream.

This goo was supposed to make me look younger and do away with fine lines.

Although I looked more refreshed after 30 days, I didn't look that much better.

So, I never purchased this product again.

2. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    If make-up is included in thread topic then MAC is the most I've ever spent on a beauty product. The make-up/cosmetics aren't necessarily expensive, but they are the products that I've spent the most on.

3. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    The most I ever spent on one beauty product was around $50. It was an at-home chemical peel kit. I think it was a waste of money. I continued buying the kits and doing weekly chemical peels for six months to remove acne scars. They didn't work. I eventually just ended up going to the dermatologist to have the scars removed.

I do, however, want to spend $200 on an at-home microdermabrasion system, but after not seeing results with my other at-home experiment, I am not so sure it would be a smart idea.

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I regularly spend between $40 and $50 for certain beauty products. I like Lancome, Clinique, and Philosophy. Depending on the product, some are quite expensive. I try to always purchase whatever the minimum is when they are giving out a gift with purchase though, so I get a whole bunch of stuff for that price.

I also like expensive perfume. Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel is my favorite. A small bottle is about $40. Again though, around the holidays they often do gift sets for good deals.

This is probably one of the few things I truly splurge on, actually. I'm frugal in everything else, but beauty products, I'm snobby.

5. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    The most expensive product I have purchased is some £22 moisturiser which I am still using now. I like the feel it gives my face and the fragrance is really nice too.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The most that I've spent on a beauty product was around $75, it was a toner and a cream for my face. My face did feel smooth after that, so I guess that the more expensive the product is, the more effective it is.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In one single product, probably a MAC holiday set. They will often retail for over $60.... I get many expensive makeup and beauty items, it`s the one thing I don`t save money on. I will bargain shop clothes for less than 10 bucks, but I will pay $50 for an Urban Decay Naked palette without more than a 2 second reflection on it. I spent a lot of money on things like brushes, foundation, primers and creams. Now I would like to think I have been a little more aware of my "beauty expenses", but I still spend quite a lot.

8. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    The most I ever paid for a single beauty product was 60.00. It was a so called miracle hair gel. Well it did not work for me or my daughter. A matter of fact it flaked up more than aqua net.

9. crystaleve

crystaleveNew Member

Threads:
    Mine was the K-PAK Shampoo and Conditioner. I am a platinum blonde so it is important to make sure I have good products and it cost me 160 bucks total. Was it worth it? Maybe. I think a lot of cheaper shampoos and conditioners can do just as well. I am currently using Aussie and a purple toning conditioner that my stylist sold me for 20 bucks. I will never pay that much for Shampoo & Conditioner again.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not true at all that the more expensive it is, the more effective it is. More effective at giving you the "feeling" that it's doing it's job.. but they really aren't doing their job. MANY things can lessen the look of aging. I could make you something right now for pennies and you likely wouldn't buy it because I'd sell it for pennies too lol. The most i've paid for a beauty product is $50. I still use the product occasionally because it's a hidden gem that does a far better job than most at doing it's job and I don't feel like making it myself lol... I'm not into science projects anymore.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I once spent $40 for purple mascara. I can't really remember the brand because it was awhile ago. I had a lot more disposable income when I bought, but it was still a splurge.

I loved that mascara. I loved the color (purple is my favorite), but I also loved the way it felt on my eyelashes. It was drying. I was almost like an eyelash moisturizer with color. I know many people say that the cheap drugstore products are the same as the expensive department stores brands, but that hasn't been my experience. I can tell the difference. The results are the same. The question is do you really want to pay for the difference.