The new IPhone or the new Samsung

Discussion in Product Reviews started by vpresson • Sep 30, 2012.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Okay so i am about to get a new phone i was thinking Iphone but than i seen the new Samsung galaxy phone on a commercial and it looked really cool. So i wanted some help on this one i hate having to choose lol. Which one is better Iphone or Samsung i'd love to hear all thoughts and opinions it'd make my choice a lot easier if i had some feedback on these two phones.

2. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    The new iPhone has a number of bugs in it. If you're dead set on getting an iPhone, you might want to wait another month or so and let the kinks work themselves out.

3. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    I wouldn't go with the new iPhone. They offer almost nothing new. Go for the Samsung.

4. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Nothing really new with the Iphone, I have it and its nothing so grand about it. I wish they would at least make the screen not break so easily. Alot people are saying it leaks, just a lot of problems.

5. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I am so impressed with the Samsung galaxy commercials. This one has bigger display and great quality. Samsung is not limited like apple in many ways. I would surely go for the Samsung just for the price and the features it has. But, I may really not be able to get one now.

6. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I'd go for Samsung, if I were you, simply because of my preference for Android as against iOS.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had no idea about the issues with the IPhone i personally never owned one i have two or three friends that have and it seemed like a good phone. But i also heard alot of not to good feedback on them as well. I really appreciate the feedback i think i will go with the new samsung the commercial just got me so excited in it lol. So i think samsung it is thanks guys for helping me make my choice a lot easier i will probably make a post about it once i get to let others know if it's good or not.

8. YorkshireLass

YorkshireLassMember

Threads:
    I would definitely go for the Samsung! I have had a few in the past, and my bf has Iphones, but his always break or go wrong somewhere along the way! I also don't understand what is so amazing about Iphones that make seemingly everyone want one, I don't think they're better than any others. Plus, I don't want to have the same phone as half the people on the planet!

9. BarryLejieg

BarryLejiegNew Member

Threads:
    iPhone it's a good product, but Galaxy SIII (if you are talking about it), it's a great product. If you compare technical specs you will see that the differences between the two are insignificant, but the software makes the big difference. Android (Galaxy runs on Android) it's much better than iOS (iPhone's operating system).
    I would like to mention just two of the great features that Galaxy SIII gives you.

First of all, it's Android, and in Android's app store (Google Play) you can get a lot of free apps. In Apple's App store, there are just couple of free apps per day and some others like Skype, Facebook etc. In Google Play, you have a lot of great free apps.

And second, the multi-tasking with iPhone it's a disaster. Practically there is no multi-tasking, you cannot run two apps at once, what actually happens when you switch from app to app, the hidden app, goes in a pause mode. The Galaxy on the other hand, supports complete multi-tasking just like you multi-task on your computer.

10. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    My main problem with iOS phones is that Apple is trying to be my mother by telling me what kind of apps I can install on my phone.

11. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    This makes no sense because regardless of what this person gets it'll be new to them since they dont have one yet.

Honestly you would have to compare. In the "drop test" the iPhone blew the Samsung out of the water. This is something to consider if you are the kind of person that drops their phone at times. In addition, there are more input options to an iPhone than to a Samsung - a necessity if you make presentations on the go.

On the other hand, the Samsung has a larger screen with better resollutions where as the camera on an iPhone is much sharper than that of a Samsung.

You would really need to visit a store and try both out and see. Its what is better for your daily use that matters. I have an iPhone 3GS and I have some issues with it but I have tried the Samsung and its just not for me.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I would say go with the Samsung, too. There are lots of issues with the iphone. I have never much liked them really anyway, but people spend a ton of money on them because of the name. In terms of features, I think the Samsung is a better buy.

13. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would recommend the Samsung galaxy S3. Aside from the larger screen, you would also easily connect with just about any other device. The iPhone 5 is a great phone but Apple tends to keep users enclosed within it's own ecosystem only. The simple sharing of a video from the iPhone to another non-apple phone could be oh-so-tedious.

#13Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  14. Cyclone3616

Cyclone3616Member

Threads:
    I've heard good things about both phones, but I think that the Samsung phone is more worth buying because the Iphone 5 is pretty much the same thing as the Iphone 4s, except it has a bigger screen and has true 4g. The Samsung Galaxy S3 has everything the Iphone has and more. One thing that I saw in the commercial that stuck out to me was the two guys touching phones and sending a message. Unless you really like ios, go for the android.

15. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Get Samsung. I'll admit that I am a total sucker for Apple products but no one can obviously deny that the Galaxy S3 beats the iPhone 5 to a complete pulp when it comes to both hardware and software. iPhone 5 looks generally the same and there were little to no key features added.

16. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I would get a samsung because the Iphone has a lot of bugs. I have a samsung and it works great!

17. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    iphone all the way. Samsung is a great screen, but i just prefer the iphone over anything android.