The New Layout of the Google Play Store

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Apr 27, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hey guys, what do you think of the new layout of the Google Play Store? I just found out that it had a New Look today. It's all greenish and has larger icons. I don't really like the new look. It feels really cheap and it's also kinda boring. I like the previous design and layout of the Google Play Store. It was simply more classy. What are your thoughts on this guys?

2. mbarrett

mbarrettNew Member

Threads:
    I have a Galaxy S2. I don't really mind the Play Store update. I just use it to download apps so as long as the layout functions properly, I don't have any issues. The green color is a bit odd, but it's nothing to complain about. Cosmetics aren't really a big deal to me, personally.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I still question myself sometimes with this kind of decisions.
    Why do they change something that works? Youtube, i couldn't be looking more intensely at you than i am right now!

It works? Leave it at that! Why is everything huge and simplistic nowadays, is it because everything it's touchscreen nowadays and it must be simple?

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Right on BlackSolaris. Maybe they changed the layout just for the sake of being called new. I hate it though. The design sucks. The old design let me find things that I want pretty easily. The home screen in this new layout is what strikes me the most. It looks so bland and uninspired.