The new Microsoft Xbox might be a set-top box

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Apr 11, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Microsoft’s successor to the Xbox 360 will be an all-encompassing digital entertainment system that will take over the living room TV. It will put Microsoft in greater competition with the Google TV and the Apple TV. What do you think of the direction Microsoft is going with their video game console?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am not too sure what to think of it at this point in time because there is a lot of rumors going on about it right now. I hadn't heard that it would be in competition with Google and Apple TV but I could see where Microsoft may try to do that. I have heard that it will not be just about gaming so the PS4 may be the better gaming system when all is said and done. As for myself, I will wait until well after both have been released to decide which one we should get.

3. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Right now we use the Xbox as a media center more than a games console right now. We use it for streaming movies over TVersity, watching movies via netflix, Crackle as well for movies, as well as using Internet Explorer to listen to grooveshark and 8tracks.