The New TMNT Movie

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Aug 6, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Anyone looking forward to the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie? I just saw the new trailer for it and I'm understanding the vibe of it a bit more, and I have to say that despite not liking the designs, I'm still kind of optimistic about it. I don't like the way they look that much, but from what little I've seen, I'm guessing that the story will be good enough and the personalities of each character at least seem to be much more pronounced. I will probably see this in theaters when it comes out, because I'm honestly not that invested in the classic title anyway so I don't mind the major changes.

How about you guys? Any hardcore fans out there who have strong opinions on this either good or bad? Will you guys go see it in theaters or will you wait for it to be released for home viewing?

[video=youtube_share;dwXFsrp6WBs]http://youtu.be/dwXFsrp6WBs[/video]

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't call myself a hardcore fan but I do remember the original show and I did enjoy it. My husband and I plan on seeing this in the theatres if only for the nostalgic aspect of the movie. I'm excited to see if if lives up to the hype.

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a hardcore fan, but I grew up with the original television cartoon. I miss that style, but I understand that the times have changed. The animation and computer graphics have come a long way since I was a kid. I don't think that I will go see the movie right away. I might see it when it comes out on dvd.

4. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a fan of the original cartoon and movies but not a hardcore like other mentioned. I'll be watching it but not in the cinema, maybe rent it when it's out on Blu-Ray or something. Although, I'm not a fan how these new Turtles look I'm willing to give it a go. I'm still an action movie fan first, purist second.