The Ninja Cooking System

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Happyflowerlady • Nov 21, 2013.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter gave me a present of a Ninja Cooking System, and I just love that cooker ! It can make almost anything , and has a variety of settings, some of which I have not even had a chance to try yet, but am looking forward to testing out.
    It looks like a smaller electric roaster, and it has the roasting pan and rack, so you can certainly make a roast and gravy in it, and even probably roast a small turkey and dressing. I intend on doing just that in it for Thanksgiving, as a matter of fact.
    However, it also can make whole meals, steam rice or veggies, and with the slow cooker control, it becomes a crock pot,as well, and you can make a nice pot of beans, or maybe minestrone soup. I even made skillet lasagna with it.
    Plus, it will bake, so you can make muffins and cakes with it. I have not tried any of the dessert recipes yet, but they look wonderful.
    I would definitely recommend it as an all purpose family meal-maker.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Whew, relieved to see this was a pleasant review after all! The angry red face by the post made me think it was going to be a complain/rant post...and I was so hoping the Ninja would be good! lol Good to know ;).

3. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have the ninja food processor and I sware by it everyday...

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I have been struggling with the uncertainty to buy or not to buy the Ninja cooking System fearing it could no make all what it's said it can be used for.

So I really thank you for your feedback because now I'm sure to include it in my Christmas wishlist hoping Santa bring it to me, otherwise I will buy it early next year.

5. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    Wow that sounds amazing! My only fear would be that the switch between desserts and actual food would be hard on the pan and it would start to stick pretty quick. Is that an issue? Otherwise it sounds amazing! I may have to look into one of these! I am always looking to make kitchen like easier!

6. Ruth

RuthMember

Threads:
    I've been planning to invest in an easy and healthy cooking system for a while now. The Ninja Cooking System definitely seems like a great one. It costs $149 on Amazon, which isn't exactly expensive, but it's not cheap either. Therefore, I'd like to know a bit more about it before spending my money on it. Have you noticed any cons?

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know how i got that angry face on there, I sure didn't mean to, and now I can't get it back off....or at least haven't figured out how to remove it yet.
    Anyway...almost 6 months later....I LOVE MY NINJA ! !

This is my does-almost everything cooker, and I make about everything in it. I haven't tried desserts, because we just don't eat dessert much around here; but it has a wonderful non-stick finish that easily washes clean, so unless you really burned something bad in the Ninja, I think you could cook anything and never have an issue with it.
    I brown my fried chicken, and then just turn the heat down, leave the lid on, and it comes out falling-apart tender, and SO delicious.
    I make soups, stews, spaghetti, and even stirfry in that thing. It won't fit even a small turkey, but , roasted chicken and stuffing....awesome !

I loved it so much that my husband got me the Ninja blender for Christmas......but that is a whole 'nother topic.

#7Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  8. fairydust007

fairydust007New Member

Threads:
    I think I might have to look into this. I'm always looking for new tools for the kitchen!