The No-No?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by SEA81 • Apr 30, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I've had many people suggest the NoNo in the quest for decent hair removal techniques, but I went to Amazon and saw that the reviews were terrible. Can anyone else give me an opinion on whether this works or not? It seems like a good idea, but I'm not convinced!

2. Smartee

SmarteeNew Member

Threads:
    I'm curious to see what reviews are too, so I will be stalking this post. It seems like a good idea, but with the as seen on TV things, they really are a hit or miss. Somethings are awesome, and some things don't work at all. You just never really know. Sometimes if its to good to be true, then it usually is. I will stick to waxing for now, but Im a sucker for as seen on TV products.

3. luvsdragonflies

luvsdragonfliesNew Member

Threads:
    I found an review for you on the no-no and it seems it will work if you religiously use it like the instructions say and if you even miss it one or two times you will not get the results you are looking for.
    So, if you think you can do it 3 times a week for several weeks then it might be worth getting.

4. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I have also heard that it is something that works if you use it all the time. The problem that I heard with it is that if you have thick hair, even using it religiously may not do the trick for you. Since I have thick hair, I have decided to forego trying it and wasting my money!

5. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I have not heard any good things about no-no. My mother tried it but said that if she was not sticking with it religiously it was not worth it. So I have not taken the time nor money to try it myself. I'll stick with my $2 for 10 disposable razors and $1.29 shaving gel.

6. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Like the name says - NONO. I have tried this and it did not work for me HOWEVER my hair is very thick and curly, I come from a lebanese background. I don't know if this would work on softer hair but for me it did not work at all. :(

7. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I am glad that I stopped in and read this. Every time I see the commercial I am curious about the product. I have not been curious enough to buy it myself to try though. I probably would not stick with using it faithfully so it would not be worth it for me.

8. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used this before. But it says item currently unavailable on my Amazon so I'm guessing it sucks.
    There is also upwards of 200 negative reviews on it so I would just stay away.

9. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    My girlfriend said this product didn't work for her. She has thick hair so that might be the reason.

10. GrandmaHugme

GrandmaHugmeMember

Threads:
    With most of the negative reviews, I'm guessing it is a NO-NO to get a NO-NO. (I just had to say it!)

I just recently learned of another hair removal technique. It is called Threading and is an ancient hair removal technique that is said to be regaining popularity today. It involves pulling the hair out by the root using a looped thread, and is typically used to shape eyebrows.

The method of literally lassoing unwanted hairs and pulling them out is said to be less painful than plucking. It's also pretty inexpensive and lasts up to six weeks. One salon charges $5 for both eyebrows. The problem is finding a qualified practitioner. While American cosmetologists aren't trained in threading techniques, it remains popular in India and the Middle East, and is performed in salons in Indian and Muslim neighborhoods in larger cities in the United States.

I wish you the best!

11. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I am really glad I came upon this thread because I was really going to invest in the NO-NO....But from the sounds of it, its not all its cracked up to be. Of course this shouldn't surprise me, as most of these TV offers are garbage. Thanks for the information...you just saved me 29.99 plus shipping:)

12. mommachris

mommachrisNew Member

Threads:
    I am so happy I found this post. I desperately wanted to believe that the NoNo was legitimate and everytime the infomercial comes on I am very tempted. Guess it is time to let it go :(