The North Face

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by xcmiller93x • Apr 25, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    It seems like you can't go anywhere in the autumn season without seeing someone in a North Face jacket.

I don't understand why The North Face is so popular anyways. I have a coat that is just like it, but it was only $25. I think it's crazy that people spend $100+ on those jackets that aren't even warm enough for winter.

2. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I have a North Face jacket, and is quite expensive because in addition to the quality of the materials you pay the brand. However, the jacket is very stylish and comfortable shelters me from the cold well, but mostly it is a jacket that will last you much.

3. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    I thought about getting a Northface but I quickly discovered that you can get coats that look the same for a lot cheaper like you did. I bought a columbia jacket that looks just like a North Face for only $30 and it is extremely warm. To add on to that I got an aeropostale jacket for $10 on sale that also looked like a North Face. There are enough alternatives out there to keep you from spending over $100 on a North Face.

4. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I've heard they are great coats but I agree there are options that are just as good without paying for the brand name. But then again, I hardly buy anything brand name.

5. xtina3907

xtina3907Member

Threads:
    I found a North Face jacket at a yard sale for $8. I loved it! I wore it all last Winter. I do agree that you can find good quality at cheaper prices. I would never pay over $100 for a jacket!

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I had no idea about that brand until a few days ago when I went on a few online stores looking for a hoodie. They're very expensive! I'm sure you can get generics with the same quality for a much cheaper price. People can pay ridiculous prices just to show an ugly logo.

7. Francy

FrancyMember

Threads:
    I am all for cheaper prices with the same value. I have quite a few North Face items and the reason I purchased them is because they last forever! I've had my North Face coat for almost 6 years now and my North Face hat for 5 years. I don't care about the brand, I just want something that's going to last so I don't have to buy a new coat every year. My coat is still in really good shape and I don't plan on buy a new one for a long time. If I can find cheaper with the same quality, I definitely go for it. I love a good deal!

8. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    North Face is expensive, but it's worth it. My winter coat was $350 but I have had it for the past 5 years so the cost per wear is reasonable. In addition to that it is very warm and has held up through some harsh winters and snowstorms. If you like North Face, but don't want to pay the high prices you can find some of their items on 6pm.com for almost 50% off.