The Oster Bread Machine is great

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Ruth B. • May 27, 2014.

1. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I love my Oster bread machine. I always loved homemade bread but didn't like to wait wait, and knead knead. I love the way I can make unique bread combinations that are not found in stores. I have used it on a regular basis for almost two years and never had a problem. It's easy, and simple. Put in the wet ingredients first (opposite of how you cook, but that's ok) then the dry, and then the yeast on top. You always have to use quick rise yeast. Press the settings of what kind of bread, press what kind of top crust, light medium or heavy, then you are done. Walk away. I admit, I do still kind of watch it. Sometimes when it's in the stirring setting, the flour and ingredients can be more liquid or more dry than they should be, and I can adjust for that with more dry or more liquid. But otherwise, just leave it alone.

They probably are all pretty much alike. It's just that this is the one that was given to me so I'm describing the Oster.

2. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have an Oster bread machine. The machine was pretty awesome. I made all kinds of unique breads and desserts within that machine. I ended up selling it because I over made bread that no one was eating! My husband always complained of the bread always being hard.

3. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I have not had over hard bread in it. I have had over soft bread in it tho. I just figured each time, it was something I was doing. I tried potato bread and got it too soft. I used other things for sweeteners, such as banannas, etc and did the same thing. I have never had the experience of over hard tho. Most of the time it turned out pretty right on. That's the fun of experimenting. Glad you liked yours for awhile. :)