The Paula Deen Cookware Set

Discussion in Product Reviews started by remnant • Mar 21, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried this affordable cookware set? The Paula Deen cookware set is composed of 15 pieces. These pans are easy to heat and have great non stick performance. They are very easy to use with comfortable handles and a balanced heft. Because of the easy heat distribution in this set, food and liquids heat and boil up quickly saving on costs. Another plus is that they are very easy to clean, even fats and fish can be removed with just a swipe of soft cloth. This cookware set is also durable.

2. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I have not tried the set, but I know that many people may not purchase it due to Paula Deen's recent reputation in the media. She has lost quite a bit of credibility.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    They sound really amazing. I have seen them in the stores and I really like the look of them. I always wondered if they would be good to use. They are expensive though which is why I never bought any of them before. I think all the cookware that the TV cooks come out with are expensive so I do not even think about buying them.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's an interesting post. I didn't know she had a cookware set. i do need some new cookware, but being as I have no budget for things like that at the moment, it is going to have to wait like a number of other things. There are a lot of other things I need more than cookware at the moment.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It seems that many of the television chefs now has his or her own set of cookware. I am still using my vintage Calphalon cookware purchased during the 1990s. I have noticed that much of my kitchenware starts with the letter C for some reason. I have several Cuisinart small appliances, Calphalon pans, and also a few Chantal pans. I'm not sure if there's some logic to that, but I am happy with the quality.

Paula Deen also has a line of furniture. It seems many television chefs and other types of celebrities are really getting into the branding thing, and putting their names on all types of products these days. I agree, some seem to be overpriced, but I would think most would at least be standard quality, if not slightly above average.

6. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Because of Paula Deen's bad reputation, a lot of stores stopped carrying her products. However, our local Big Lots store, which buys overstock and closeouts, got a big shipment of them (I'm assuming for that very reason.). Because the set was a lot cheaper at Big Lots than it had been when I first saw it at a big box store, I decided to buy it. So far, it has performed very well. Plus, it came in a really stylish color that I love and matches my unorthodox kitchen decor.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They sound great, but I've never heard of them before! I agree with Diane Lane; successful TV chefs do seem to bring out all types of cookware. I have a set by Anthony Worrall-Thompson, a famous UK TV chef. I got it from TK Maxx and it was a good bargain. It's very easy on the eye, but food can stick. I think if it were non-stick I'd be totally made up :)

8. forest_kitten

forest_kittenNew Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I wouldn't purchase this set due to this alone. While I usually try to separate the celebrity from their products, I really don't want to support Paula Deen or her business. It's fine if others do, I don't really care, but I am sure that I can find equally nice cookware that won't remind me of her every time I use it.

JC Penney's usually has some really nice cookware sets on sale any time there is a major holiday (Christmas, Memorial Day, Mother's Day,etc.) I've gotten one before and I intend on doing so in the future.

9. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this valuable review. I have been eyeballing this set in the store, but was afraid I would be disappointed and that theyou might be cheap quality. I am really going to have to look into buying myself a set.

10. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    My brother bought me a Paula Deen set several years ago as a Christmas present. I have had them for three to five years, now. They have been durable and I truly have not complaints about them.