The Perfect Eyeliner

Discussion in Product Reviews started by LilAnn • Jun 17, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I am on a mission to find the really good eyeliner. The kind that looks as black around your eye as it does on the stick. I'm sure it's out there, but best case scenerio for me lately has been "it'll look okay if I put on several layers, and then it has to be thick"
    I'm going to check out ELF. I've never tried them before. As a matter of fact I never knew it existed before some ladies told me about it on another post. Anybody have any ideas about which eyeliner is the really good stuff?

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve never used e.l.f. eyeliners, but I’ve also read here and elsewhere that they’re quite good. Granted, these positive reviews are usually about their cream and liquid eyeliners. As for pencils, my favorite brands in general are Jordana, Catrice, and p2, but Jordana is the only one of those brands that’s widely available in the US. On the plus side, their Made to Last liquid eyeliner pencil is awesome for cheap. Easy to work with and doesn’t require tons of layering. I have the charcoal one, but if I ever run out of my black p2 Impressive Gel kajal pencil, I’ll get Jordana’s black one.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I really love wearing eyeliner whenever I have errands to run or report to the office, I'm not really hung up on brands. As long as my eyes don't look dull, then I'm cool with any liquid or pencil liner (except for those manufactured in China). I've noticed, though, that I tend to gravitate towards Nichido and Maybelline eyeliner products. Perhaps because they have good quality and rather affordable compared to other brands.

4. shrinkwatson

shrinkwatsonNew Member

Threads:
    A good eyeliner is a black eyeliner,but as in pencil eye liner I prefer Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal,Jane Iredale Mystikol,MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil.

5. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks! I have to use pencil eyeliner. The liquid is the look I'm looking for, but my hand isn't steady enough to use it. I'm going to have to try out some of these suggestions! I have the look I want pictured in my head, but I can't make it happen. Lol

6. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    I've always found that any form of liquid eyeliner has this effect. It's always been super dark for me! I suppose a steady hand always helps, but you can generally get that with practice! Try it out for a while. You might be surprised by the results!

7. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    If that's what it takes for me to get the look I want, I guess I'll find myself practicing with it over the next little while. I have tried so many different types and brands and it is never what I'm looking for. Basically, what I'm looking for is very similar to how the ladies in India do theirs. Dark but not thick.

8. missfortune81

missfortune81Member

Threads:
    I wish I could use liquid eyeliner, but unfortunately I lack those skills. I stick to my cheap but reliable Wet N Wild Color Icon pencil eyeliner. I like the dark brown and black. I always wear eyeliner in my waterline, so they do smudge a bit but I kind of like that look.

9. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    Just keep practicing ;3
    I know the look you're looking for, kinda like this, right?
    winged%20eyeliner%20look.
    It's a little think in terms of line width, but it's a single layer (or, looks like it at least :3 )

Good luck with your search!

10. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    @Yosh@Yosh Yes! That's it! All the eyeliner I've tried looks more like a crayon than a sharpie, (its the best analogy I could think of). I don't even know if it'll look good on me. But with some good eyeliner I'm sure I'll find something that does look good. I don't really care about brands and such with most makeup. One eye shadow tends to look as good as any other. But the eyeliner is very important.

#10Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
  11. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. I've had this problem for ages because I couldn't use liquid eyeliner myself. I used to use pencil, I still do sometimes! It does often end up looking clumpy and, well, as you said, like crayon.

I've never cared much about brands either, if it looks good and doesn't break me out, I'll keep using it :3

I hope you find what you're looking for!

12. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:

I found that Revelon is the best eyeliner not only does it glide on smoothly, but it also last a long time up to 12 hours and it doesn't leave the big dark raccon circles around eyes either. And it's also water proof as well. It's about 9 bucks in Walmart but you can get it on amazon for about five or six bucks. I would recommend this eyeliner to anyone, I spent months and months looking for an eyeliner that didn't smudge was water proof and that lasted hours at a time I tried elf, cover girl and even maybeline but none did the trick until I came across the revelon brand it's the no smudge water proof 12 hour black eye liner and it's really dark as well.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not much of a saver when it comes to makeup, so I wouldn't recommend brands like ELF and Wet N Wild, specially for eye makeup. Your eyes are very sensitive and to me you need to invest on good products so that you don't get an allergy or something like that.
    I know from the drugstore, a good eyeliner is the Revlon Colorstay. But to me, MAC and Benefit are the best when it comes to eyeliners.

14. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I don't longer wear makeup but rarely, however I used to like this look and never got it wearing eyeliner. Maybelline and Avon liquid eyeliners were my closest matches for this purpose, but with the pass of the hours they look cracked.

However I was later given with a VHS self-makeup video showing how to get this look using both crayon and pencil eyeliners and eye shadows for a full effect.

15. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    Lancôme Artliner is great. It stays on all day and no smudging. You have to like liquid eyeliner, but it is my favorite. I use to have smudge problems before, but after I started using this, I can go all day without it wearing off.

16. Poweclai

PoweclaiNew Member

Threads:
    I personally love younique pencil eyeliners. They seem too glide on really well, and stay put for hours!
    Can't seem too get too grips with the liquid eyeliners, always look like my 5 year old has done it

17. missfortune81

missfortune81Member

Threads:
    I am hopeless with liquid eyeliner, so I just don't even bother with it. I like Wet n Wild pencil eyeliners even though they do tend to smudge. I live in Florida so makeup staying put is always an issue for me. Milani also has some good eyeliners. The new kohl one that just came out is supposed to be really good and I have heard that it does stay put. That will definitely be my next eyeliner purchase.

18. lookatalthea

lookataltheaMember

Threads:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble applying eyeliner! It's nice to know I'm not alone. :) I tried miscellaneous tips and tricks for years trying to achieve a satisfactory cat eye but no matter how much I practice, I never made much improvement. I prefer drug store brands because then I don't have to worry about wasting it. I think drugstore eyeliner is usually just as good as the high end brands.

19. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally I like Lancôme eye liners as they last a long time and you can build up a line. A cheaper version is NYC cosmetics that do a good one too. I don't recommend a thicker pencil as you don't have as much control; it does take practice. I used to work as a make-up artist and it's a combination of a steady hand, confidence and practice.

Start in the the middle and work out in small strokes and then go over the line. A pencil that is too hard may hurt and scratch so test it on the back of your hand first to soften the tip.

20. erbmusic

erbmusicNew Member

Threads:
    I really like the Make Up Forever eye pencil. The color stays on your eye a long time and keeps a matte-like look the full day. Make sure to use a good primer with the pencil though. I have been using this eyeliner for about 1.5 years. I would highly recommend getting this pencil when the holiday sets are out and on sale in November/December at Sephora.