The Perfect Pancake Maker

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Shana • Oct 15, 2013.

1. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    So has anyone used the Perfect Pancake maker yet? I have not but I think I want to buy one! I don't even see them on TV anymore, but they sell them in a bunch of stores now and they are only $20 I think. I generally don't buy any of the As Seen On TV stuff until it hits the stores. That way I can actually look at it a bit better before buying it. Anyway, if anyone has used this before I would love some feedback as I really am thinking about buying this soon!

2. aspencer8111

aspencer8111New Member

Threads:
    This seems like such a "uni-tasker" to me. What exactly can this to that a regular griddle can't? I'm all for trying things that are "As seen on TV". I just don't want my kitchen to start looking like the decor of my local Applebees...

3. numbers

numbersNew Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who buys all these useless mono-use appliances (he's a bit of a pack rat and has money burning a hole in his pocket faster than fissile material burning a hole in the floor of a containment facility of a nuclear plant during meltdown). He has one, and maybe it is because he doesn't know how to cook anything without an overspecialized tool for the job, but he makes a mess of his kitchen whenever he tries to use this thing, and pancakes get stuck to this thing when the batter isn't flying out. Luckily for him he also has overspecialized cleanup tools, also "as seen on TV".

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why would you need a pancake maker? Making pancakes from scratch is very simple and easy. All you need is a few basic ingredients like flour, milk and eggs, and a pan to cook it in.

I wouldn't bother wasting my money on a pancake maker as it's easy to make your own and appliances like pancake makers can be a pain to clean.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I married a perfect pancake maker lol..

6. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I had one! My mom gave it to my for Christmas, because I cannot make a pancake to save my life. Sad but true. But I did not like the pancake maker, it didn't work, and I sent it down the road. Don't waste your money!

7. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:

Thank you for being the only comment here that is actually a review on the product! If it doesn't work I'm better off just sticking to my normal large pan I use. Just thought it looked so cool!

8. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen the perfect pancake maker on tv, but I don't know if it would be a good thing to buy. I like making my pancakes the old fashion way. I do make a mess, but not all the time. I just like doing it myself even if I make a mess.

9. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I think for the 20 dollars you could spend on the maker, which has gotten mixed but mostly negative reviews, you could invest in a nicer non stick pan or even a griddle which you could use for more things.

I would rather have good pots and pans, than any "gizmo" that doesn't work as promised.

10. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried one. When I used it, I had many problems of the batter sticking to it. I made more of a mess using it than not using it. So I gave up. I hope that helps you with your decision.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    When I saw it in the store, it looked rather flimsy and not worth it. I can't imagine it cooking the pancakes evenly with the metal on it being so thin, there would probably be hot spots. You could buy a much nicer pan for the same price. Another alternative would perhaps be to pick up a couple of small 7" frying pans. That way you can still make uniform sized pancakes but the pans could also be used for other purposes as well. I just picked up a cheap one for only $3 at a local dollar store called Deals. All you really need to do is wait until you start seeing bubbles in the batter and a little color around the edges when cooking pancakes, then you know it's time to flip them.

12. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Why do you need another contraption to make something that can already be succesffully made with something you already have? (aka a frying pan or a griddle?). This is like the quesadila makers- you don't need a special pan to make a quesadilla, but they like to make you think that you do!

13. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with Aspencer8111. This would be another useless item on my kitchen counter. There are so many other appliances on the market that can do the same type of job that this thing can. Personally, I think this would be a waste of money to buy this.

14. numbers

numbersNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with this, so long as the time that it takes with the frying pan or griddle is less. On its face, you would be blowing money on the appliance but if it saves time, you're saving (remember the golden rule of frugality, time is money). The pancake maker? Not so much a time saver in my experience, but something like a wok for stir fry? Golden time saver even over your family's heirloom cast iron cookware, and that's something hard to accomplish.

15. iShootRocks

iShootRocksNew Member

Threads:
    Mmm Pancakes.. I may actually buy it considering I'm pretty bad at cooking in general.

16. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I really cannot understand why one would need something to make pancakes with. If you have the ingredients, butter, and a pan you should be able to make them pretty easily. There is really no reason to complicate something already pretty simple. I cannot wait for them to make water you can boil eggs with next for an AS SEEN ON TV product.

17. glitter9

glitter9New Member

Threads:
    Never had one, but I think a pancake is not that hard to make. I am a gadget person but I don't think I would buy this one.

It is just easier to take you time, and make a pancake right. Hope that doesn't sound mean :). I don't think I would spend money to buy this product.

18. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    The perfect pancake maker is on sale at amazon.com for $14. I think that for that price it really is worth it. As long as you oil the pan a bit to start, it does make those perfectly shaped pancakes as promised. You do need a spatula however to get the pancakes out. It does not just slide off, at least mine don't. My kids love it since they are the ones who kept complaining in the past that my pancakes were not like the ones we get when we eat out. I would recommend this product if you regularly serve pancakes at home.

19. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Did some research on this thing, I really don't understand the appeal or how its meant to make anything easier for the customer? It literally takes 5 minutes to make pancakes raw and even less time to cook them. An egg-maker would definitely get purchased by me though, I can never cook a good egg.