The Pokemon Go Craze

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by gracer • Aug 13, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    It is very evident that Pokemon Go has invaded gamers worldwide including here in my country. The craze has also been an opportunity for businesses to earn more because of it. Just yesterday, a big mall chain here in my country has conducted a Pokemon Go event for all players of the game which is obviously a way of luring consumers into the mall for more profit.

What have you noticed so far in your area regarding businesses and their relation to the Pokemon Go craze? Are you also a player of the game?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My mother asked if I played and it's a definite 'no' from me. I can see the appeal and the timing for the summer holidays is perfect, and it keeps the kids and geeks busy. There is the downside in that it shows that people will follow a trend, and do things for money.

I have heard that convicted sex offenders are not allowed to play in some areas for fear they will prey on young children. Also there are law suits where the creators of the game didn't think that war memorials and places were not appropriate for this kind of activity.

3. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't downloaded the app onto my phone, but whenever I'm out with my kids, I don't mind playing along with them. My kids keep trying to get me to download the game, but I only download writing apps or apps where I can make money.

There are many businesses in my area that are eating up this craze as well. Many businesses that are stops have seen their sales have increased because people are out walking around. When these players walk for hours, a lot of them stop to get a bite to eat or just get something to drink.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here in Hawaii it is a mild situation about Pokemon Go. In the Dinning Out section of our local Honolulu Star Advertiser a week ago there were some food places like Cake Works who creates special custom orders showed their artistry by having Pokemon faces on their cakes...and we have a local poke bowl filled with vegetables and ahi poke, a kind of raw fish delicacy at Ahi & Vegetables a fairly new restaurant in my part of town of Kalihi. Poke is a spin on Pokemon. Here is an ahi the fish bowl and vegetables from the rest.

[​IMG]

(image from

)

5. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    @Theo@Theo I don't play the game as well because I'm not the type who would usually go with what's hot out there. Besides, I'm really busy with my online work and my household chores so there's really no time for me to be playing Pokemon Go. :)

@atlmom5@atlmom5 The food businesses here in my area are also gaining more from this craze. Just like what you said, the players of the game walk a lot when they play so they would usually look for some place to eat while playing. Fast food chains and snack houses are the go to place of gamers here.

@Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe The dish you showed looks really delicious. I love green salads and seafood and this sure looks like a good treat. It's just so amazing that even salads could be included in this latest craze. :)

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :pIsn't it! The Pokemon Go craze is everywhere. Poke is a dish created locally long ago...so the pun on the word just gave the newspaper something to write about to link to the Pokemon Go craze. :p

7. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    The histeria for Pokemon is at such magnitude that Nintendo Stock Market value rose over 50% for a few days until investors found out that Nintendo wasn't directly involved in Pokémon GO development but Niantic. Nintendo was just lending the license.

8. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    It's definitely something else. I've seen a video posted in social media that showed a massive number of gamers rushing to central park to catch a pokemon. I don't know if i should laugh or cry. It seems very silly. It's just a game and people seem to be so caught up with it. And no, i don't play it, i tried but it wasn't for me.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The app doesn't support Gingerbread (since I don't want to upgrade my OS), but even if it did I'd be too lazy to play it since I'm such a couch potato. I'd rather watch movies than play it.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I downloaded it the day it was available where I live, but to be honest, after 1 week it completely lost the fun for me and my fiancé. It’s nice, but not something I go crazy about. And the week it launched I could see people everywhere crazy about this. But now, I rarely see anyone talking about it or playing it. Some people are in way higher levels than I am, for sure. But still, not as crazy as before.

They will need to innovate and bring out new features in order to maintain the craze, in my opinion.

11. Burungu

BurunguNew Member

Threads:
    People are getting lost, running up under cars, walking off cliffs and invading sacred territory looking for their Pokemon characters. It looks like a very fun pass time especially in these days when so many individuals refuse to leave their computers and come outside for a simple walk. I like what the game has to offer, it's just the unrepentant indifference of some people nowadays that has me worried.

12. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    Because there is a local business that has put up some posters highlighting that their store is a PokeStop. Personally though the Pokemon Go craze has died down a lot. Before, every where you looked, people of all ages were on their phones looking for pokemon. Now barely anyone even uses it. I mean, I was addicted to the game yet about 2 weeks ago I uninstalled the game from my phone as I wasn't using it anymore.

13. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Nothing really changed in my area but I have seen a few places such s small stores or malls decorate their business with Pokemon decor just because their building is a gym or a Pokemon store.

14. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I tried installing the game in my phone. Tried playing it for 30 minutes and ended up uninstalling the game. First, it drained my battery fast, second, you have to go outdoors to play the game. Since I work at home, it's a big no for me to continue playing the game. Unless I don't have a plan about my future and just be a pokemon master. Though businesses that went with the craze raked in a lot because of giving away freebies to players of the game and making their establishments as poke stops.

15. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to play Pokemon when I was around 17 years old, but as I got older I gradually lost interest in gaming. I think I will still play the game just to try it out of curiosity, and to see for myself if I will like the game.

16. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't remember the month when the Pokemon craze hit our place but I do remember seeing people in the mall and in the streets like zombies seeking for their victims. However, it is only a hype since the craze didn't last long. Now I don't see anyone playing Pokemon Go anymore. And the main reason? Gamers are the lazy kind of people so they will not last long with a game that will force them to move. Gamers just want to sit in front of their computer.