The Power Of Friendship

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Theo • Mar 13, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can be highly strung at times because as much as I try I can never understand people that are rude or have no common sense. Getting an email or message from a friend can really help calm me down, so I try to reciprocate whenever I can. I am lucky I have some online friends (you know who are and maybe reading) that do help my day and to keep me going and means that bar of chocolate gets to live another day or perhaps hour!

I don't post my status on social media as people do, but an IM or email is better and more private, because you need to let it out sometimes.

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't know what that is like anymore. I used to have a few online friends who I didn't even want to go to bed because of. We would be talking late into the night and I'd lose track of time. It doesn't really bother me most of the time because I'm a loner but it bothers me when I need help or it's people that I am supposed to be connected with. When I talk to them and they mostly talk to each other and I'm just there, I go back to my loner ways. I don't want friends because friends are mostly only for sociable people but it would be nice to have kindred spirits. I always think I find one that I can interact with and it turns out to be a lie.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live with my best friends (husband and children), so I'm lucky to have them to talk to when things get frustrating in life. Instant calming affect. Sometimes I need my girls to talk to though and emailing them or IM is always a nice touch to the day.. to help keep us connected and/or give us another option for talking out any issues in life. I'm generally a very happy person, appreciating every moment, but like you, I don't understand the grumps in life and sometimes they do affect me despite my best efforts. The power of friendship is amazing :)

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter is my best friend and the thing I find amazing about our friendship is that it makes things more fun than they rightfully should be.
    Like , I hate going to the post office, but joking around with her makes it tolerable and makes the time fly by.

5. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    My wife is my best friend and always with me in every matter of life. He suggest me right things when I feel frustration. I must say the power of friendship is more powerful than other relations.

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    My family is my best friends and they are who I talk to the most when I need to talk. I have some long distance friends and some local friends, but we are all so busy that we do not get to connect as much as I would like. Having some online friends to talk to does help. I am not a social media person, other than talking on blogs and forums because I get sick of reading about people's drama posts. I find sites like Facebook a waste of time unless you are just sharing things with family.

7. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    Most of my friends are near me, not online, and it is everything to have them to talk to. I get to express myself and I get to learn from their experiences. Spending time does make life more fun.
    I have not developed many online friends, but I am trying to get to know people from other places: it seems it will be interesting. As long as it is just conversating, it should be safe.

8. HunkyDoire

HunkyDoireMember

Threads:
    The person who would turn into my best friend just passed away on April 26 :,( He started out as a manager, then a boss, then friend, then employer again, but we always remained close and when he didn't return my morning texts one day, I knew something was wrong. When I finally was able to track him down through friends of friends and similar means, his brain had already been over 24 hours without oxygen. It happened so quickly. One day he was there, the next he wasn't. I have a halfway decent support system (mom, husband, roommate, and a few other friends) but...this hurts something fierce :(((

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with the OP, you can find some good friends online; I know I have. Of course I still have offline friends and my family, but it's nice to get along well with like-minded people who you know you can rely on every now and then when you're working online, and who will know exactly where you're coming from each time you want to have a rant for instance, people with whom you can swap notes about WAH online opportunities etc. None of my friends and family do any online work, so I'm really grateful for the couple of friends I've made online. It actually feels like I know them and have known them for a good while :)

@HunkyDoire, I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I hope that you have a good and solid support network on whom you can lean for comfort!

10. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I don't even have social media or friends, I only have one friend and I'm quiet happy :) Sometimes I can also be my own friend, if that makes sense.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm so sorry. I know how painful it is to lose a friend that way; it's quite surreal and eye opening. A good reminder to all to embrace and love every moment, because it can end so very quickly.

12. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    You're so right, I also want to say that most people remember others once they die, or they say to a friend I love you once they're in the grave, but it's no good anymore. I think we should spread love so that we all live in the moment and know we are all loved so that it's not too late once they say back to us, I love you or I remember you, or we say back to others I love you or I remember you, only when they're gone. It's sad but it should change.

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're like my husband, @Radzi. He's only got two very good friends. It's not always about quantity but rather quality. Friendship also has to happen organically. I personally don't like to force it at all. Plus it's ok to be friendly with others, not necessarily be friends with them. We can't be friends with all the nice people out there LOL

14. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I know. I guess I can only trust a few people out there that I personally know. But life feels so good when I'm isolated at times because I just feel like I'm free and I'm on my own, I love free time!

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Absolutely! People are always waiting. There is nothing to that but wasted time. Wait to be happy, wait to move forward, wait to start living etc etc. I was angry with someone very close to me when they died and I will live with that forever. Another person, I was very busy at the time.. always something holding me back from visiting when they probably needed me the most. That will haunt me forever. I don't take anything for granted anymore. We each have one life and most of us treat it like it will last forever. We all need to fully grasp how short it is and pack it full of whatever it is that makes us happy. Right now. Now is all we have for sure. Always let people know how much you appreciate them, be kind to strangers, treat your body as the one true home you have, help when it's needed,
    live like it could end at any moment....

16. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    You're absolutely right. Very inspiring words and I'm sorry to hear about what happened with you. I don't relate to such a thing but I might relate to other certain areas in my life where I fall short of. I think it's very important that we care about each other because that's what we have here right now, don't waste a minute of it regretting and being angry but forgive and love. I'm sure people love hugs.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They do! Well.. I do lol.. and the people in my life better love hugs too! haha. No need to relate.. if I share anything at all here (because I'm a super private person otherwise), it's because I hope people will learn from it. If it's informational, take it with a grain of salt, but at least take it and mull it over. When it comes to my loved ones passing, I share things like that so people who can't relate will see it could happen to them too.. so they can hopefully avoid it. I know everyone knows these things, but rarely does one apply it to their own life and make changes to avoid it.. then they live with regret. Just a friendly reminder to everyone to remember they have but one short life. Sometimes there are no tomorrows and one day that sometimes will run out.

18. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    You're right. It makes me emotional to read this because I really want to try my best living this life and being close to my family and being kind with them and let them know I love them by actions, because actions speak louder. Very motivational what you shared. Very interesting how something unpleasant can turn into a motivation for others.

19. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Very true.. we should always learn from each other. Heck, I've learned from myself, that's what our pasts are there for.. to motivate and help us make change. When it comes to the people we love, today is the day. It could be the only day. Always live in a way that won't leave you with stress or regret :)