The Pressure Of 24 Hour Offers

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Theo • May 19, 2016.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you feel pressurized to take up an offer that expires in a day, or do you just take them and hope it is genuine? I find that I want to take up the deal, but then read the small print, and then check to see if the deal is really that good and worth buying for the saving?

I get quite a few offers that are time sensitive, and I loathe them as I don't want to feel pressurized into buying quickly to get the offer. I'm not sure if they work well, or do people rush to take advantage of them?

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel some pressure if the products that are on offer are items that I want. But I live quite a simple life, and don't shop as much as other people might, so I miss a lot of offer, or just do not care about the offers that are on offer. So although I sometimes feel slight pressure, I doubt I feel as much as other people.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know. I am kind of with Dereck on this. My income simply doesn't let me do a lot of shopping in the first place, so I don't feel stress from offers like that. I find most of those products on those "deals sites" are things I really can live without anyway. So, consequently, it isn't something I worry about. I have other more important things that concern me.

4. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    If it's an offer on a product that I really want then it does make me feel pressured to buy what I want while it's on offer. The shorter the offer the more I'm likely to want to take it quickly. But I try to think about whether it's the best possible deal as well and whether if I was to wait I'd be able to get more of a better deal in time to come as well. I don't like to take a deal just because it's there if there might be something better.

5. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    I do not really feel pressured, but sometimes I am disappointed. It seems like every time I see a 24 hour sale, I never have the money. So, if it is something that I end up having to buy, I usually have to pay the full price after the sale is over.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I get these from my favorite shopping sites and I think I've gotten better over the years at discerning which ones are worth hurrying for and which ones I can let pass and ignore even just in the meantime. Some sales, for example, tend to cycle back eventually even though some of those might take a while before coming back, while some really are just available for that small window of time. I think observing and learning the trends is a good way of knowing and also maybe being okay with missing out on some promos is also somewhat of a valuable skill because even I have has to face disappointments multiple times but ultimately I just try and remind myself not to feel to bad as I at least get to keep the money in my pocket and get to save it for another maybe even buffer purchase in the future.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It would depend on how badly I need whatever is on sale. Most of these offers are meant to make us spend more money. Who can resist a good deal? If I can do without what's on sale I'll pass and hope that at a later date I might stumble into a deal that's just as good. If not it's not that bad, the money not spent is saved.

8. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Bearing in mind that shopping is not exactly high on my list of priorities - as I always only buy what is actually needed and when I do - I like to shop around for the best prices - before buying anything - no - absolutely never would I feel pressurized or compelled to buy something for fear of missing out on a deal.

Apart from which - as some of these deals aren't always the best choice when looking to make savings - it generally pays to compare prices and fully check them out before parting with any money and especially so with limited time deals - which although they give the illusion of being a good deal - usually aren't - simply because - they are in reality - nothing more than a money making tool used to entice consumers into spending more money - particularly as - armed with the knowledge that the lure of missing out on the savings of limited time deals - is for some too irresistible to pass on - it virtually guarantees a steady stream of quick sales.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's the fear of missing out when they say 'while stocks last'. I have some offers valid until the end of May to choose to take up, and I have been dithering because of finances and if I need the items, but they are good deals, and may not be repeated again as they were personalized ones. I have 10 more days to decide in this case!

10. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    If I deem the offer to be a good deal to me then I would go for it. However, even though the offer is favourable I will not go out of my way to get it. Sometimes these deals turn out to be as great as they may seem to be. In my area, there is this company which provides airtime for mobile phones, where if I buy a certain amount of airtime my credit would be doubled. The bonus credit received is only valid for 24 hours. It seems that this only benefits the company selling the airtime because to be able to fully utilise the offer, the consumer would have to spend an inordinate amount of time speaking on the phone, time which most people don't have.

11. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just received a few more over the holiday weekend, and they looked good with the email teaser. I got one last night offering £10 off my first purchase, and in tiny writing was 'over £40' and the offer was for one day. Another was for 48 hours, but the time spent weighing up if they were worth it tired me, and I ended up not buying because there was so much small print, it put me off.

Online shopping should be fun, and sadly, the companies have put me off their site with the excessive small print and time to read and choose.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really get pressured to take advantage of a certain deal especially if it doesn't catch my fancy, although there are times that I do take advantage of such good offers when I feel like it and I want to add some new stuff to my "collection".

13. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    24-hour offers are cool - except my low income means I never have cash laying around. It's sort of the same situation as when Black Friday rolls around. I never have enough cash saved up to go park outside of Target, Wal-Mart etc., wait for the opening, and then rush in and get those discounted deals.

#13Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  14. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Time limited offer for sale is one of the effective sales promos or techniques a mall or supermarket could adopt to sell those products in an instant. If anyone falls into such promo, it is good and it is beneficial to the seller. But if it won't, the seller won't lose anything for he will sell those items again in a normal business deal.

I have experienced this kind of limited sale. I remember my wife and I are in the mall. We were surprised to hear several minute blast of a sirene. We thought it's an emergency, but it's not. The people inside the mall rushed to the source of the sound and they're busy selecting items offered for sale. We came over to satisfy our curiosity. We noticed that the prices of those items are being discounted. Then afterwards, we overheard another blast of sirene and the sale is closed. The items went back to their original price tags.

15. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Any offer that comes with a time limit is sure to make me all sorts of nervous. I am not sure why but I tend to get more flustered with these sorts of things than the average person, and maybe it was something with nerves at school because deadlines always effected me the same there too.