The Price Of Eggs

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Ke Gordon • Jun 17, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Has everyone noticed the price of eggs seems to be coming down? Eggs that were two and three dollars in some places have now become very affordable. I bought a dozen at Aldi's for .79 the last time I was shopping there, and now I notice in my local discount grocer that they are on special for .49. It seems like there is a surplus of eggs now, although I am not complaining!!!:):)

2. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't really noticed this because I just recently moved from NYC where everything is insanely expensive. Pretty much anywhere is cheap compared to NYC. But still those prices are great! My Aldi's sales eggs for 99 cents. It's awesome that your's are even 20 cents cheaper!

3. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    Yes, I forgot to get the eggs for .49 when I was at the store today, but I don't need eggs anyway, because of the great prices I have been getting lately. Milk also, although it was predicted at one point to become very high priced is not at all. I have gotten gallons of milk for amazing prices as well. I have gotten a gallon of skim milk for as little as 2.04.

4. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, those are great prices for eggs. Here in Canada I'm paying about $2.29 a dozen. I can get 2 1/5 dozen at Costco for about $4. I only wish I could get eggs for those great prices you mentioned. My kids love eggs and we can go through a dozen eggs very quickly on the weekend.

5. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    I am not sure what has precipatated the lowering of the egg prices, but I am just glad it happened. I don't truly eat eggs all that often but now that I have so many, I should probably start. I think that I might make egg salad for lunch, and while I am at it, I might as well make deviled eggs as well. I wish I would have remembered to buy the 49 cent eggs though!

6. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Do you happen to live in a rural area where they are able to easily access eggs? The prices you are posting are unreal, so it makes me think that there must be some reason that the stores are able to get away with selling eggs for that cheap.

7. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    I do live in a rural area, but that is not why the eggs are cheaper. This store, Shoppers Value, is a discount grocer. They advertise cost plus 10 percent. So, you can really get some awesome bargains there should you choose to shop in the store. They do alot of these truckload, and overstock type sales. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.