The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - will you grab one?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Sep 12, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been unveiled by Samsung and the specs have techie people salivating.
    -5.7 inch screen 1080 x 1920 pixels
    -13MP Camera; Dual Shot, Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization, panorama, HDR
    -Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    -32/64 GB storage, 3 GB RAM
    -Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 (LTE model)/ Quad-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 (3G model)

With these specifications, are you now planning to get one?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, not really, I have never been a Samsung fan and a fan of touch screen phones in general. But maybe if it was bundled on a cellphone plan or something I'd probably try it out, since I'm getting it for a discounted price.

3. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I would not buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 because I think it's not much of a difference from the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I have heard great things about the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, which it has a fast processor, large memory, great camera, and new multitasking feature. I think the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is just as good as the upgraded version.

4. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I liked the way the Samsung Galaxy looked, I even wanted to purchase it at first but ended up changing my mind for various reasons. Although I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys devices such as that one. Especially Android users.

5. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen the Note 3 and it looks nice. I am thinking about getting it, but I think I may wait. I like the phone I have now and I think it would be bedt to wait. I likr to weigh my options first before I buy something.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been tempted to get one of these now, since I recently picked up several credit card readers so that I could process credit card payments online. During the payment process they ask for a signature, which is hard to do with your fingers and on a small screen. Plus I think it would look a little more professional to a customer, as well as prevent them from cancelling the payment with their credit card company saying it was a fraudulent charge, especially if I had their signature on the sale.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope.. I'm not impressed by phones anymore. I'm going back to my good buddy BB Torch sitting here waiting to be fired up again.

8. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I've no idea why is there such a big market for this. Are there really so many people that want to carry around a small tablet instead of their phone?

9. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    Well, it's not like most people are always on-the-go. Some of us stay in the office too. Haha.

Well, I would definitely love to have one + the Galaxy Gear which would be ideal when taking pictures. :)

I also love the leather back finish of the phablet's casing. Very sleek and very elegant design.

But I must stay with my current phone for the mean time and wait for another 1 and a half year because I am still currently locked with my network provider with Galaxy Note 2. XD

10. pandandesign

Threads:
    I have changed my mind from my previous post. I am going to get the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 tomorrow. The reason for that is I have the Samsung Note 8.0 tablet, which I carry it everyday. I think having the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is better for me because it's between a smartphone and a tablet. It would be nice to have a phablet because I can carry it everywhere without having to carry two gadgets at the time.

11. Muralangdito

MuralangditoNew Member

Threads:
    Yes why not I like the design of this one better than the LG G2 phone

12. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I've always heard great things about the Note. But it's huge! Would it fit a man's pocket or should a man invest in a man-bag? lol

13. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really care how many wonderful features a smartphone like this may have, I only know that it is expensive and I don't see a real reason to buy it if I have already a phone that suits my needs.

Of course I live in a tight budget but probably people who do not have money constraints can change smartphone on a monthly basis as they are released.

14. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a giant by any means, but I could still easily hold a phone the size of the Note in my hands and use it comfortably. I am more interested in the larger screen, which just makes it easier to read everything - especially if I am using my phone on the counter to show recipes while I am cooking. Or if I want to watch a movie while on a flight somewhere.

15. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    It looks like a gorgeous and powerful phone; but it's too big for me.
    My current phone, the Moto X, does everything I want, is small, and is powerful enough for me. I'm thinking of buying a Nexus 5 and leave my Moto X to my brother but I'm not sure yet.

16. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Far too big of a phone for me. I don't have tiny hands but I really do think the size of phones is getting a bit ridiculous. Not a fan of the plastic Samsung phones either, looks especially tacky on the Galaxy Note 3.

17. pandandesign

Threads:
    I just got the Samsung Note 3. It is actually not that bad, although it is quite big, but you will get used to it within a couple of days or so.