The Snuggie!

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by MMercury • May 13, 2015.

1. MMercury

MMercuryNew Member

Threads:
    I think pretty much everyone has heard about the Snuggie at this point. There have been many parodies and jokes made about the Snuggie. For those of you who don't know what a Snuggie is, it is basically a blanket with sleeves so that you can stay warm and use your hands without having to remove the blanket from the upper part of your body.

Does anyone here actually own a Snuggie?

My dad brought me one as a gag gift for Christmas one year. I tried it on once (more like I was forced to) and I just rolled my eyes at the whole thing. I think it is a ridiculous and unnecessary product. The jokes made at the Snuggie's expense are hilarious though. Here's my favorite Snuggie parody:

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The adverts do look ridiculous but I have to admit that I'd secretly like to own one! It would be great for keeping warm on the sofa during winter. I'd never answer the door in it though, that's too shameful!

3. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    God I hate these things! One year for Christmas, a near and dear relative bought me and my children each, one of these hideous things!
    It was cold, so we put them on immediately. We were appalled at how cumbersome and uncomfortable they were. Honestly, you may as well just wear your robe backwards! That wouldn't be a bit worse. Of course, we said our oohs, aahs and thank yous, but they went into the yard sale come summer!

4. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I know the commercial for it makes it look ridiculous but I actually own one and I love it. Its so warm and comfortable

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I do not own one, but my cousin actually had her mom purchase one because she liked it so much. I must say that it is actually pretty warn inside and feels so soft, but personally I would not want to own one. I would much rather wear a long robe or just use blankets to keep myself warm on the sofa. The commercials have them look so silly that society has looked down on it, my social life would drop from that haha.

6. BethD

BethDNew Member

Threads:
    I agree. I used to make fun of the Snuggie but I became ill and the illness lasted for awhile. My husband bought me one because I was always cold and I loved it. It is the perfect weight, not too heavy and not too light. It is very soft and comforting. Now when anyone in our family gets sick, they get the Snuggie to help them feel better.

7. Avocadogirl

AvocadogirlNew Member

Threads:
    I think that the jokes about the snuggie are more because of the name and commercial. The product itself is a pretty good idea. I have one because I'm a lazy slob who loves blankets far too much. The snuggie is like a warm cozy blanket, except you don't have to compromise over reading or covering your arms. Everyone laughed at it, but I know several people who own and love a snuggie. Humans just love to laugh, and the snuggie is fun to laugh at!

8. jamiew23

jamiew23Member

Threads:
    I know someone who's got one, it's basically just a huge blanket that cost £30! Not worth it whatsoever and it's too long to walk around in!

9. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    Hahahaha, as I was reading your original post about what it is and how it's used, that "Teach Me How to Dougie" song came to my mind, only it was "Teach Me How to Snuggie"!!! Someone needs to parody that if they haven't already.
    I have one and so does my daughter. We actually like them since we don't have to take our arms out from under the covers to do something when it's really cold. I wear mine backwards like a robe sometimes too. I do think it's silly that they are so expensive. Really, they don't look hard to make and I considered trying to sew one out of a blanket I have.

10. EpixStudiosNH

EpixStudiosNHNew Member

Threads:
    I have a Boston Bruins Snuggie and I love it. It's so warm and soft. The only thing that I don't like is that my back is still cold most of the time because there is no way to keep the back closed (hello hospital gown flashbacks). I added a few pieces of Velcro to the back so that I can keep it closed while I am sitting down.

11. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    What amused me the most was all the things they said the snugly was good for. I can not imagine how it is even remotely appropriate in public though. I know some people like them and some people hate them, so its fine whenever you think. I don't like it because I want to wrap the blanket all the way around my body and be able to leave it on the couch if I get up for w moment.

12. wannatakeawalk

wannatakeawalkNew Member

Threads:
    Can someone please explain to me how this is different from just putting your housecoat on backwards..... really? And use a blanket for goodness sake.

13. colonelcourn

colonelcournNew Member

Threads:
    Even though I hate to admit it, I was thinking of buying a Snuggie for nearly two years. How great would it be to accomplish tasks while still keeping your arms warm and snuggly? It would be amazing! For this reason, I thought the Snuggie was the best idea in the world. However, after purchasing my own, I was very disappointed. First of all, the Snuggie doesn't have a back. I'm not sure why, but I imagined that the Snuggie was more of a shawl-like robe that you could comfortably walk around in. In contrast, any slight movement of getting up wearing the Snuggie leaves your back naked to the cold chill of a unheated house. Unlike what the commercial had promised, you could not get up comfortably from the couch wearing the product to complete a random task because your back is left open. Due to this reason, I strongly disliked the Snuggie; to put it simply, even a normal blanket can wrap around your whole body. Nowadays, you can find me lounging in my house with a bathrobe because, unlike the Snuggie, it provides warm and accessibility.

14. GeeCee

GeeCeeMember

Threads:
    Snuggies are the freaking best! I thought they were stupid too, until I actually got one. My wife got it fo me. I thought, no. No No No NO! That thing stayed in the wrapper for a good three months.

Then one day I broke the thing out while sitting in my den one morning with a cup of coffee. It was all over after that.

Now, I can't wait until times when I can relax and kick back, especially in the mornings. That's when the study comes out, and I can kick my feet up and enjoy the moment. I know it sounds sad, but I admit it, I've become a Snuggieholic!

15. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    It looks comfortable enough, I guess but it is very unnecessary and not worth the price at all. I'd just stick with a nice sweater or heck, just a normal blanket. It's basically a towel robe as a blanket.

16. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Good thing this product haven't penetrated our market yet. They're so innovative and funny. I was hoping it was just an April fool's prank but got disappointed to know that it was real. Lol! Sorry, I had a big laugh! :p

17. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have heard of and seen many parodies of the snuggie but I don't own one myself. Although the comercials and the actors make it look rediculous I wouldn't mind owning one, they look fairly comfortable and useful. If it is warm enough for the winter weather and I can use my PC or drink hot chocolate while wearing it then it's good enough for me.

18. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    It looks like a Uniform of Satanic cult members while the white variant looks like uniforms of KKK members.I remember this cult uniform is mentioned on Bruno Mars' hit "Lazy song"

:D I know it's sales started decreasing because it has a competing rival that is selling well. Animal onesie Pajamas. They were selling really well because celebrities wear them without any endorsement deals. They look comfortable and cute.

Megan Trainor wear an Giraffe Animal Pajama on her music video.

19. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    I heard that the snuggie was originally invented for wheelchair users to throw over themselves quickly if it got cold, which would make sense given the lack of back. Then the manufacturers decided to try and find a much larger market for it, and that was just pointless. After all, I can snuggle my hands under a blanket and keep them much warmer, and if I want to get up I don't have to unentrangle myself. The whole thing just looks so cumbersome.

20. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have a snuggie, it's a leopard print style and is made of fleecy material. The problem is that it has a strangely cut neck that doesn't sit properly on my shoulders. When I get up and walk about it's not comfortable and I end up taking it off.

I much prefer my fleecy onesie, it's comfortable and doesn't fall off when I get up to walk about! My fleecy snuggie is now on my dogs futon where they sleep. They love it!