The symptoms of chest pain

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by marrykerry • Nov 2, 2012.

1. marrykerry

marrykerryNew Member

Threads:
    Chest pain comes in many varieties, ranging from a sharp stab to a dull ache. Some types of chest pain can be described as crushing or burning. In certain cases, the pain travels up the neck, pierces through to the back or radiates down one or both arms.

Many different types of problems can cause chest pain. The most life-threatening ones involve the heart or lungs. Because it can be difficult to determine what exactly is causing chest pain, it's best to seek immediate medical help.A wide range of health problems can cause chest pain. In many cases, the underlying cause has nothing to do with your heart — though there's no easy way to tell without seeing a doctor.

Heart-related chest pain

Although chest pain is commonly attributed to heart disease, many heart patients experience a vague discomfort and they often specifically mention that pain does not seem to be an adequate description. In general, chest discomfort related to a heart attack or another heart problem may be associated with one or more of the following:

Pressure, fullness or tightness in your chest

Crushing or searing pain that radiates to your back, neck, jaw, shoulders and arms — particularly your left arm

Pain that lasts more than a few minutes, goes away and comes back or varies in intensity
    Shortness of breath, sweating, dizziness or nausea

Other types of chest pain

It can be difficult to distinguish chest pain due to a heart problem from other types of chest pain. However, chest pain that is less likely due to a heart problem is more often associated with:

A sour taste or a sensation of food re-entering your mouth

Trouble swallowing

Pain that gets better or worse when you change your body position

Pain that intensifies when you breathe deeply or cough

Tenderness when you push on your chest

2. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    That's interesting to know, everytime I feel any kind of pain in my chest it scares me because I have been told it could be my heart, but I have also heard you get chest pains from acid relex too, but I don't know for sure. Thanks for the post though.