The Tip Of The Philippines

Discussion in Travel started by Corzhens • Jun 21, 2015.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In case you will visit the Philippines for a tour, do not forget to drop by Batanes if you want to experience a real nature trip. I was there last weekend and was really surprised that we have a place like that. The panorama is perfectly green and the people are so friendly.

Here is my proof of the greenery of Batanes...
    IMG_3544 cory cattle RESIZED.

2. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Hi Corzhens :) I was actually thinking of Batanes when I saw your topic among the list and I was right that this topic has to be about Batanes. :D
    Batanes is one of my "visit before I die" places. But sadly, nobody in the family wants to go with me. :( My sister would love to but she's still saving up for her post-graduate studies this year so I think I have to wait for a couple of years more (hopefully just a couple of years). Anyway, thanks for sharing this wonderful place, I wish you could share more photos. :)

3. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, that is very pretty! Thanks for sharing! I would love to visit that someday. Did you have to hike up to get to that point?

4. Corzhens

Threads:
    Like any rural place, Batanes has its delicacies. But don't be surprised because their main crops are tubers like sweet potato and yam and also cassava. So the welcome treat for us is the boiled sweet potato with young coconut. Batanes is a nature trip since the culture coincides with the uniqueness of the place. It's hard to describe but I will try in my next posts. For the meantime, here is a photo when I arrived in the island of Sabtang, a picturesque place of vintage Batanes culture. IMG_3726 boy biker RESIZED.

5. Corzhens

Threads:
    What's good for tourists in Batanes is the honesty of the people. You can rent a tyicycle with a fixed amount that is standard and authorized by the government so you are protected. Scammers are unheard of and there is zero crime rate.

Again, it is nature that Batanes is selling - their hills and mountains, the sea, the roaming animals and probably the tropical climate. IMG_3746 sabtang mountain RESIZED.

6. jackob

jackobNew Member

Threads:
    Philippines is one of my most favorite countries. I just simply in love with the place, I had been to there once and really love to explore the place always. That just always makes me feel so great whenever i explore the country.

7. Corzhens

Threads:
    With the countless tourist spots that Batanes has to offer, that's reason enough for local to flock to that place. The only way to go there is by plane, thats' as far as I know and there are 2 airlines servicing their airport. Local tourists normally buy the packaged tour so all they do is arrive, be brought to the hotel, be served meals and be provided with transportation in going to the tourist spots.

In photo are local tourists waiting for the boat in the nearby pier that would bring them to an island tour. IMG_3704 tourist RESIZED.

It's not just the view that you see and feel but you have to experience the hills in its splendor at the top. There was the sense of achievement that you normally feel when you have reached a milestone. And the view is more spectacular when you are on the summit, imagining that you are on top of the world.View attachment 3646

#7Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  8. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I love to go there... I search about the place and it looks amazing. It is sad that I been to other places but never to batanes. If you will go there you just have to watch out the weather because many storms pass that area. I hope too see the place in the future.

9. jackob

jackobNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah

, Philippians is no doubt a very worthwhile place to explore, I just always love to visit the place and always enjoyed a lot while visiting that. In Philippians there are so many of the places to visit. I just always love to visit these sort of places to explore.

10. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Hey that looks like a nice place!
    Is it a good place to ride bikes?
    I think I remember reading somewhere that Batanes is a really good place to do some mountain biking.
    What does it costs to spend a week in Batanes? Do you recommend any place to stay for a Canadian?

11. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you that there are many beautiful places to explore. It is sad that I been to many places but I never really explore the beautiful places in the philippines. I sort of foreign in my own country.

12. Corzhens

Threads:
    There are so many bikers and cyclists in Batanes. It is very ideal for riders because the roads are neatly paved and vehicles are a rarity so you can have a leisurely ride with no pollution. And if you love nature, the vista of the hills and the mountains will definitely captivate you.

For foreigners, you have to drop by Manila and take a transfer. But I would suggest for you to make Manila your homebase since there are nice places as well in Manila. And then you book a trip to Batanes. From Manila, about $600 is more than enough for 1 person - plane, accommodation, food and tour.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never been to Batanes, but the pics that you have posted makes me want to go and visit it. Sadly, I don't have an extra $600 with me, so going there is not yet feasible at this time. The place looks so clean, green and pollution-free.

14. mailen

mailenNew Member

Threads:
    I must say i'm very proud that my country has a place such as Batanes. I've never been there but given the opportunity I would gladly step my feet in there. As I've seen in your pictures and my facebook friends photos, Batanes is to die for. It has an ambiance that's very serene yet very gorgeous. I don't know but it seems to look very relaxed, laid back and peaceful. So if you're looking for a place that is not yet crowded and polluted, Batanes is a very nice place to relax. I would really love to go there someday.