The Value Of Being Patient When New Games Are Released

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Radix24 • Feb 11, 2015.

1. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I have now gained the appreciation of being patient when it comes to getting games that I want to get. The recent events of games being unfinished or wrong builds were released are getting more common. Will it become the norm now? The fact that the game can be patched, the developers can get away with it?

So far, I only saw bugs that only affect gameplay. What if the unfinished product will lead to damaging your system. This new possible threat is making me wait some time before getting a new game.

The most recent event that I can recall is the buggy mess that was Total War: Rome 2. I think that is fixed now, but is there a way for us consumers to demand more from the developers? I mean, we are hyped about getting a game, and it slashed our happiness because of bugs.

So, I suggest to wait a while until you can confirm that the newly released game is mostly bug free.

Unless you trust the developers of course. What developers have good track records that you have no qualms getting the game on release?

2. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjayMember

Threads:
    To be fair, with the way games pricing easily drop $15-$20 a week after release, being patient is definitely a virtue.

Then there is the constant broken game issue that seems to pop up more and more as time goes on. You should NEVER trust ANY developer. Only trust the end product once you see or play it for yourself. A developer is only as good as their last game.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    The only exception for me is Nintendo, since their games always come out bug-free. Also it's one of the few games where hard copies actually sell out on release pretty often, hence pre-ordering is essential.

Most large Western developers nowadays have really poor standards for release, be it EA or Ubisoft. Just look at Assassin's Creed Unity for a recent example.

4. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Does that actually happen? I only know about this happening to Sword of the Stars 2 some two years ago, was there any other example?