The Voice vs X-Factor vs American Idol

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Nov 17, 2012.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never cared much for singing contests even when American Idol first came along. When the X-factor came along, I was instantly hooked. But my new favorite is the voice. Adam, CHristina and company are very interesting to watch. What's your favorite?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I prefer The Voice over American Idol, because of the innovative way that they judge the contestants. I think that it's nice to have a bit of suspense waiting for them to turn their backs on the contestants as they sing their audition songs. I myself am amused whenever I watch the show.

3. gabstaff

gabstaffMember

Threads:
    That is a tough question. I think I would have to go with American Idol. I have tried The Voice, but started to not liking it when it cut into The Biggest Loser time. heh

But I do like The X Factor because it figures people from all walks of life, where as American Idol has age limits.

4. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite is The X Factor. I find it very entertaining. I also love that it is open to a huge variety of ages making stardom possible for more. I also enjoy the interaction between the judges. American Idol I like too but not as much as X Factor and The Voice I never took to.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I liked American Idol's earlier seasons when the show and the contestants weren't too aware of the impact yet and thus not too full of themselves. After they peaked you could tell that everyone involved was becoming more and more fake and I believe that is one of the main reasons why the show quality declined very quickly. The Voice has this feel to it as well and I think it's why it never really took off as much as it should have. As for X-Factor, I've never watched even one episode of that but I might try and catch up with it since Simon is in it. I think he brings a lot of genuineness with him and even when that is slowly fading as well, at least it is still somewhat there.

6. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Indeed, X-Factor is much interesting because how generally entertaining and how much variety it has on it's course. The other two are also good, but they are a bit limited on terms of talent variety.

7. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    Even though I'm in the UK, I LOVE American Idol. It's so much better than X Factor and the Voice. The budget is bigger, the stars are bigger and you can so tell that they have spared no expense on this show. I sky plus it every week so I can watch it. I have to admit that I'm not particularly enamoured with Nikki Minaj - I don't think she's even part way qualified to be on a show such as this, and Maria Carey is just bombed out. But Keith Urban is great, and I love Randy. Last year was better though, with Steven Tyler and JLo - they were totally fabulous. And my favourite moment? Philip Phillips singing Have You Ever Seen the Rain with one of my all time favourite artists - John Fogerty

8. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I like The Voice's concept over American Idol especially when they came up with the Blind Audition! That was really brilliant. American Idol also has discovered or has brought forth some real talent in the industry, but most of the time I'm just not feeling the show anymore because sometimes it's not really fair who wins.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I quit watching American Idol after Paula Abdul left and I quit watching X Factor after Paula Abdul left.
    So at this point, I only watch The Voice and I appreciate the blind auditions and think the suspense of whether a judge will turn their chair around is exciting.

And if Paula Abdul does any more reality shows, I'll check them out. I used to be one of those 14 year old girls that went to her concerts in the early 90's.