The Worst Computer Problem You Have Faced?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by kingusama92 • May 10, 2012.

1. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Question is straight forward.

What is the worst problem you computer or laptop has given you?

My own personal experience revolved around a MDG desktop. It gave me enough problems to last a life time. The power supply went twice, the mother board went and then the monitor went bust.

All of this in a span of 4-5 months. Not ideal times, as that was the only computer I had.

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    The worst problem my computer gave me was when it grew legs and walked away. Just kidding...but really, when it was stolen. New, working and in perfect order...my laptop got stolen in the blink of an eye. Nothing. And the family one was broken. It was like a funeral home for a couple of months until I could get another one.

The replacement laptop is not as new, not as fast...but it is working so I am very happy now. I hope all is good with you and your computer soon...somehow! (-:

3. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    My worst was when my brother threw a mini bowling pin at my computer monitor and then the ENTIRE monitor manage to mess up and the picture got all funny. It was A CRT though, and that moment it was really a good time to just upgrade a new computer.

4. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    The worst problem my computer gave me was a virus that deleted everything including the Windows folder and stop your computer from ever working again! Not nice!Remember to scan your computer regularly, keep your security settings high, and ask others if you are unsure. There are many computer professionals who give free help online.

#4May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
  5. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I think that the worst problem that I have personally encountered was when mine was struck by lightening. It had all of our business records on it. We called the Geek Squad...thinking that they could actually do something....and spent over $800.00 for them to send it to their headquarters to pull all of our info off the hard drive and they didn't do that. All I ended up getting a Geek Squad t-shirt and that's all I had to show for it.

6. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    The worst computer problem I have ever experienced was a few weeks ago when i was logging off
    of my virtual workstation. Everything on my desktop showed up as it should be, but whenever
    I would press the arrow keys the screen would turn and jump around. Its crazy, because I never realized how much
    I use arrow keys until then. It was cool though, because I just restarted the computer and everything worked fine then.

7. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    My HP laptop died violently from a heating issue. I mean it would have been a cool light show if it hadn't happened in my extremely flammable bedroom.

8. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Definitely the Trojan virus back when I was still using a PC. At first it was just annoying until it really became destructive that it ruined my files to the point of me losing them. I needed to buy a new one after that because it just became really hopeless.

9. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    My worse computer problem is a tie between getting a fake anti-virus program that was actually a virus that wouldn't go away at all, blocked off Task Manager, and wouldn't let me get onto the internet at all through all my browsers. Not fun at all. The other problem I had one time is when my laptop froze on me while on the log off screen right before shutting down. I forced a shut down and tried turning it back on only to discover complete silence from it, and it slowly flashing and alternating between solid color screens of green, red, and white. Scary and also not fun.

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    The worst problem I've faced happened when I turned off my PC during some Windows update. My PC wouldn't boot anymore. I tried EVERYTHING from the recovery PC to several chkdsk's to make sure my HDD was fine, and nothing worked. I had to perform a factory restore and start all over again.

11. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    I almost hate to update because there are always problems afterward. The last time I updated a few days ago, I lost all ability to connect to the internet. I just don't understand why there is always a problem involving the updates.

12. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I had a virus on mine and it took me 3 weeks to figure out how to get it off. I didn't have virus protection and I had to manually remove it myself. I hate when my laptop malfunctions because it takes so long to fix it. I've had a couple for smaller problems, but nothing as bad as this before. My motherboard had never went out before, but I think that could be because of poor ventilation. My laptop had that same problem of overheating, but I bought a laptop fan to cool it down.

13. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I never had serious problems really with my computer. The most serious problem I have faced is a virus that made all my folders a shortcut! I can't open folders because it says that it is just a shortcut. It took me three days to find a way to get rid of that virus. A program combofix has solved the problem. i was going nuts because I have tried all malware removalsoftwares and anti-viruses to no avail.

14. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    The worst problem I have ever had was when my computer was failing to startup and nothing in startup repair would do anything to fix it. I eventually found out you can restore my laptop to factory settings before the computer starts up by pressing F2 while booting. I lost everything on my hard-drive but it was my only option without spending money :(.

15. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    On my old laptop which had Windows Vista it had this issue where after I started the computer up after 30 minutes it would just freeze up completely. Couldn't move the mouse or type or do anything. Would have to remove the battery and unplug it to get it to turn off and start it back up again. After I got my new desktop I installed Ubuntu on the laptop and haven't looked back since, Vista sucks!

16. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Once my computer just died on me. It just turned off without warning. It was really shocked because it was a ThinkPad and they are known for their durability and reliability. I couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong with it.

I did an Internet search on another computer and discovered that it was a build up of electrical charge. There's a built in shortcut for ThinkPads that was suppose to release the build up. I had little hope, but it worked. I was pleasantly surprised.

17. kennyrip

kennyripNew Member

Threads:
    well not a problem sort to speak, but for 2 years i had been backing up my dvd collection onto an external 2tb western digital hard drive.... one day it just fails. no backup no nothing=[ After reading reviews, from what i gather not one hard drive made it over 1 year:(

18. Gamrpro

GamrproMember

Threads:
    Hmm. Well, I'd say my first was a sound problem I had with my last Sony laptop. It wasn't hardware at all. It took me a long time to figure out what it was. I was so glad I fixed it! It was such a simple fix I wish I could have found where the issue was long before. I still remember the solution! In my Sound control panel I just checked the box "Show hidden drivers" or something like that and found my driver and changed it to that! :)

19. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    One of my friends spilt a drink all over my Macbook Keyboard and the water immediately leaked through and shorted the computer. It costs $1200 to fix and I lost everything on the computer. It was horrible.

20. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    Arg! My old Dell always gave me a BSOD! I would usually get at least one every day, and it would overheat. I took it to the Geek Squad who said it is a known issue with that model of Dell and there is no way to fix it. I finally decided I couldn't take it anymore and went out and bought my Macbook Pro :D One of the best purchases I have ever made.