The Worst Computer Problem You Have Faced?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by kingusama92 • May 10, 2012.

1. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, there was this time that my CPU's power supply got burnt. Good thing there was no fire. Sadly, it affected my motherboard, too, so it got pretty unusable. Well, it did give me a reason to get a new one. The thing was pretty old anyway.

2. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I had my computer attacked by trojans and I think it may have been implanted through a hacker. My anti virus didnt catch it and it eventually erased everything on my computer and rendered it useless. I couldn't log in to my desk top without the screen being visually flipped upside down, all my files were missing and my log ins were no longer active. Took over 6 months to correct all the issues with my online accounts

3. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    The worst thing that happened was when my hard drive died and I didn't have enough cash in hand to buy a new one. Plus I cannot earn any money without a working hard drive. That was when I learned how to use Linux. From a pendrive. And learned how to mark off the front part of my hard drive which was bad. After which I could install my operating system again and my hard drive is alive. Until today. I am also still using Linux.

4. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    One computer died because of a fried hard disk, and another died because of a bad motherboard like you said. Just all of a sudden the one day it would not start up, and when I finally got a new one, it was a struggle to get the hard drive information transferred. For the cost of an online storage site, paid annually, you can buy an external hard drive for a desk top and store files on there, securely.

5. Imoverthere

ImoverthereMember

Threads:
    Getting infected with a rogue antivirus, followed by a bluescreen of death, followed by the inability to even boot up my computer, followed by a three week long wait while my sisters friend got it rebooted is probably the worst computer problem I had. Certainly taught me I should have certain programs ready in case of emergencies.

6. izzypopa

izzypopaNew Member

Threads:
    My computer was infected by a hacking tool so i was forced to restore to quite some time ago, i lost so many documents and Downloads but luckily none of which were very important.
    Always keep your computer up to date and clean from virus's or pay the price :(

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a personal laptop that was the exact same make and model as my work laptop. When I left that job, I accidentally sent them my personal laptop back instead. :-/ Lord only knows what information they got a hold of on there before I realized it.

8. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Before I purchased this computer four years ago, I had a computer that had so many darn problems. One of the worst was when it was only three months old and it would freeze or the mouse would skip slowly. It was irritating and had problem after problem after problem. On this computer, probably the only annoying problem is when I go to a certain website, like the National Post, and it freezes for 10 seconds. That's it on my end.

9. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    The worst computer problem that I faced was a nagging virus/malware problem that I faced about 2 years back. No matter how many times I tried to delete it, the virus always came back and hogged all the computer resources. Eventually I had to call a security expert who got rid of the virus and made my computer usable. I faced the problem for about a month and my productivity went for a toss as a result.

10. rattanchauhan

rattanchauhanNew Member

Threads:
    Well the worst thing that I have faced so far with my old but robust desktop was that it failed to startup , I tried almost everything that I knew at that time, tried re installing windows 3 times. But every time it was hung at the boot screen. Tried formatting C drive and then reinstalling OS. Still failed to start it up. Formatted the complete hard drive using tools through a bootable CD (borrowed it from a friend :p) and then tried reinstalling the windows. I don't know what had got into the system, so I just changed updgraded almost every part of it (costed me quite a fortune :( ) . But in the end when it booted up I was so glad to have my system working. Hope it'doesnt happen with my new laptop .

11. Wasabi

WasabiNew Member

Threads:
    The worst computer I have ever faced? That's a hard question because I'm largely involved in computers as I am a student majoring in Computer Science and difficult computer problems like to pop up like candy completely uninvited.

About a few years ago when my sister was younger, she would often play little educational video games on my computer. One day though, she was so angered and frustrated at the game because it kept freezing up (at the time the computer was unattended) so she picked it up and slammed it hard on the ground. It was painfully hard to fix, but piece by piece we fixed it up by ourselves.

12. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    My Mac had a compatibly issue with a website when I was using Safari. I had to to to Apple.com and download Firefox for free. And once it did freeze on me and I had to turn my computer off manually. I was glad it worked just fine though when I turned it back on a few minutes later. Other than that, I've had no problems with it in 3 1/2 years.

13. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    I also got my PC power supply unit burned while I was playing Deer Hunter :) I changed it all, because it became outdated at that time. Now that PC is at my parents house and I rarely use it. This was the biggest problem I got, all else were solved by me, cause I went to an IT highschool :)

14. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    A while back, I tried to back up my files and was not able to retrieve them. Not sure what cause this , but the computer was old, and I was trying to clean up my hard drive and allow more room, hoping the computer would run better or faster, but once I did that, It didn't run it all. I was the one who was running up the street to the computer shop to try to get the files return to their original position. I was not too happy when I had to pay over $100 to fix this problem.

15. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I started to learn how to repair computers back when I experienced it myself that my computer keeps restarting without warning. From then I started to learn how to reformat, install the OS and etc. :D

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My worst computer problem was in the early 2000's when I had dial up internet. I was online when lightning hit my phone line and fried my phone and modem. That basically cost me my small eBay business because I had no way of getting online and 5 packages to send out that I didn't have addresses for. 5 people filing complaints is more then enough to get you suspended. I have a different computer now and I have since sent refunds but the damage is done.

17. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    The worst problem I have had with my computer was when it gets over heated, and then it would shut off. Also, It was horrible if you are writing important information and then all of the sudden it disappears.

18. Nethervor

NethervorNew Member

Threads:
    I get really attached to my computers. The worst problem I had to deal with was when the nvidia GPU on my Lenovo laptop died. I knew that there was no way I was even going to consider paying for repairs since the laptop was already 4 years old.

I've had many problems with my computers so far, but I've always managed to fix them. That was the first and only time I could not fix a computer problem, therefore I have to say that it was the worst computer problem I ever had. And it made me very angry and sad at the same time. Like I said, I get really attached to my computers.

19. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    The worst computer problem I faced was when I was doing something very important on it, like writing my project for class that was due on the same day and it shut off. And I went to turn it back on and it was completely dead. I was so infuriated, I started to throw it threw my glass door.

20. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    We had a motherboard go bad in our laptop last year, and my husband lost a few school papers in progress that he hadn't backed up. I think we also lost a whole vacation album we had saved on it. To make matters worse, we were out of town in a hotel, and my husbands paper was due on that same trip. We had to buy a new laptop while out so he could redo his school work. That is really the only problem we've encounter, and I hope it never happens again.