The Worst Computer Problem You Have Faced?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by kingusama92 • May 10, 2012.

1. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    Last year was particularly nasty for my computer. I lost my 19" monitor and video card to the weather. Then on the same year we had to change our modem 3 times and recently bought a new 5 port switch/hub. There's just way too many problems with 220 volts and thunderstorms. The power surge protection hardly does anything when it gets down and dirty.

2. MellowGuy

MellowGuyMember

Threads:
    To those that mentioned GEEK SQUAD, I say NEVER send your computer problems to them. These are usually underpaid and uneducated computer geek wannabes that do not care about you and a lot of the times rip you off. How many stories have there been already that unknowing customers trust the squad for help only to find out they are missing Ram or their Drives were switched to cheaper ones by the infamous Geek Squad. You are better off researching off the internet about your problem (exactly what they do) than pay over $200 for something you could have solved for free.

Anyway, my worst computer problem was when the laptop bulb blew out. I had to research online how to replace it because laptop bulbs are not at all like a regular bulb. The tedious work with wires and dismantling and reassembly took hours and hours. Luckily my efforts worked and didn't cost me much money (just time). Had I brought this to the geek squad, I would probably have paid for a new laptop.

3. Mycoldshower

MycoldshowerNew Member

Threads:
    I once had a hard drive that was compromised. This was a very big problem, because all of my work files were on there. Even worse, it had gigabytes of photos of moments I really wanted to remember and share with people I love. I mean if you buy a hard drive, you just wanted to be a safeguard, just that little bit extra to protect all the things you work for or which you have lived. And if it fails even the one task that it is built for, I think that is just really sad.

4. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    My worst computer problem would have to be the FBI warning virus. Luckily, I had a Laptop at the time my desktop was infected so I could continue my work from home until I fixed my desktop two days later.

5. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    My computer being attacked by the maybe virus. There was no way to remove it from my computer! Not unless I format the entire compute. I'm glad the online community helped me though!

6. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    I would consider the lack of a strong antivirus software as the worst computer problem I have ever encountered so far. I lost numerous important files just because my computer got infiltrated with a virus.

Now, I have learned my lesson. Yes, a strong antivirus software would really be a bit more expensive. However, the risks involved with having a weaker anti-virus software would outweigh the costs.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My laptop got hot and would not boot. All of the data is stuck on the hard drive. I need the computer to work so it has been a hard to find computers to work on until I could get enough money made to purchase a new computer.

8. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    This is the hardest to repair especially laptop isn't easy to open. it would be easier to repair if its a desktop and that you can just look inside and see which is burned or which needs to be cleaned so maybe it will work after it. But if its needs cash, then you really needs assistance lol

9. Rob

RobMember

Threads:
    Not really a problem, but...
    The computers in my former school library were a horrible sight and it was like only 4 years ago.
    If I recall correctly they operated in Windows 95 and were slow as crazy. They still had those old fashioned mice too, the uncomfortable square ones. Horrible..

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The worst problem I have faced was when my computer was infected by a remote-control trojan. Meaning the attacker had complete control over my computer. The only option I had was to reformat the computer. It was a stressful time because I had important information on my computer.

11. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    The worst problem I faced with my laptop would have to be the blue screen every time I turn it on. OMG, it used to pee me off so bad because I had school work to do at that time. Nobody could fix my problem, so I bought an restore CD and restore my whole laptop. I lost all my files and work I did.

12. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I've just found out that it is near impossible to give a final answer here. I thought I had seen the worst of computers, I was true mislead! Powering on Acer Aspire X3812 is the worst problem one can face with computers. By-the-way I need help with this problem from any Acer Expert!

13. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    And you're still friends with that one? There are a lot of people who would definitely never be speaking to that guy or gal again.

14. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I swear that whenever I have a laptop, the battery goes to hell and I have to keep it plugged in and charging to even use it. If that counts, that. I'm sure it's my own fault for some reason but STILL.

15. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have had two major issues that my computer or should of say computers did to me that were the worse. The first one I was responsible for I accidentally spilled a glass of tea onto the keyboard of one of my first laptops. Yep, killed it, no going back from there. The second incident was a year ago when my previous laptop's hard drive crashed. Once again you can't come back from this, unless you invest in a new hard drive, and your probably better off investing in a new laptop.

16. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    The worse computer problem I've faced is when the screws that hold my laptop's screen in place came loose and actually fell out, and of course I could not find them. My computer screen went black and would not work because of this. I went to Best Buy and they told me all the possible problems with the computer, but I knew for sure it was just the screws missing that were causing the problem. Thankfully Best Buy had just two screws left, and that fixed the problem.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm getting BSOD errors almost everyday! I don't know how to troubleshoot it so that it won't happen anymore, since I'm pretty much sure that it's just a hardware error, it beeps when I try to boot it. But luckily for me, the pc sometimes boots properly too, so I can still use my pc. For all I know the good 'ol memory just needs some cleaning.

18. techbeast34

techbeast34Member

Threads:
    I had two laptops; A Dell Vostro 1510, and an HP Pavilion dv6409us. Both of them had the same problem, which was the motherboard shorted out and it could not supply power to the battery. I had tried everything, from soldering a new power socket onto the computer, from literally throwing the computer onto the ground.