The Year In Review

Discussion in Misc & Others started by H.C. Heartland • Dec 7, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Twitter just came out with a look back at the most influential things that happened in the year 2015. I'll put the link on the end because its too long. What would you list as the most influential things? It might vary depending on your country and also what has happened to you personally. If I had to list 5 things I would say:

1. Moved towns
    2. Strides made in disaster relief efforts
    3. Obama care's market place began (although enrollment began in '14)
    4. Marijuana legalized in CO
    5. And my husband and I reached 20 yrs marriage (to add a personal touch. )

What would you put?

here is the Twitter link, it has a couple good ones too:

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, and being a die-hard Twitter enthusiast in the past, I have not paid attention to Twitter this year, much less to Facebook, and not really interested on what has been trendy in there or influential as from their perception.

So that I could say 2015 has been the year in which social network stopped to be influential or necessary in my life.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    First off, a massive congrats to you and your husband on your 20 years of marriage!

For me personally, I believe life's got better overall. We moved countries in November 2013 and it was very hard, harder maybe than I'd expected. 2014 was terrible, but things started looking up in 2015, and I'm looking forward to making 2016 an even better year :)

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Awesome news on the 20 year anniversary! For me I think it would be...oh wow, it is hard to think back over the course of a year!...
    1. The mass shootings that have happened and what businesses are doing now to protect employees (and students).
    2. Online work that picked up for me and helped me with income for the year.
    3. I am going for Obamacare too as it saved my bacon with my kids, they get low cost health insurance now!
    4. Donald Trump...as annoying as I think he is, he has made everyone talk about him.
    5. Chinese president visiting WA...our traffic was messed up for days!

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well there has been a little improvement in my life this 2015, but I think 2016 is gonna be better because I will strive to reach my goals next year.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:First me too I'd like to say Happy 20th anniversary! With my life I'd have to say in review is it wasn't a good year for us. Mom survived a small heart attack, but do not need any meds for diabetes 2 any longer and I don't need meds for my diabetes 2 is in the normal range and staying there, but cholesterol is getting too high so got to begin taking meds for it. We made a one year in our new apt. on the first floor. We moved from the second to the first floor in June last year to better accommodate my Mom mostly. The scary news about buildings in America being attacked is something I'll never get accustomed to ever happened this year! I hope to get married next year and it'll take a miracle for I don't have a boyfriend yet, lol. We need a better year 2016 please.o_O

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, this year's one heck of a ride - that's for sure. I don't know whether I should be happy about marijuana's legalization. Many people still get addicted for the wrong reasons and legalizing one of the top sources of addiction isn't really helping. As for your 20th anniversary, I'm sending my sincere congratulations! You and your spouse are an exception to the rule. You proved that marriage is not just some writing on paper.

8. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say that the most influential event that has happened to me this year was and is being a part of Postloop and joining this forum. After becoming unemployed I had to find something to fill some of the empty hours in my day. Another one would be meeting people when I set up at an outdoor flea market. I got free advice and lots of ideas for DIY projects.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The biggest thing to happen to me this year is to finally snap out of my daydream that my country is uber peaceful and kind. I know many of us are, but those who hate, scream the loudest and I'm super disappointed. So I will be upping my game in helping the coming refugees AND the locals who need us (why choose?? ugh, upsets me so much). I will be countering the ugly with what Canada really is.. as much as I can, whenever I can. This past few months has really opened my eyes and I feel I've gotten lazy, assuming all was well because Canada was friend to the universe.. but no, the true Canadians are being drowned out, so I'm on a mission to help us overcome this. I'm just one person, but I'd be a part of the problem if I didn't do SOMEthing. I've been donating clothing and other items, but I need to add my voice and time somehow too.

And congrats!! 20 years is a big deal, I'm very happy for you :)