Theater candy is to much money

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Libragirl67 • Mar 31, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Candies and snacks in cinemas are really pricey! I sometimes just really buy beforehand in grocery stores because they're cheaper. It's not practical to purchase in the movie house. You're gonna be ripped off although I can't help but really purchase the butter melted popcorns!

#21Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. fourmatic

fourmaticMember

Threads:
    I have never understood the "need" for candy or popcorn at a movie theater. I feel people are just tricked into it by thinking its just what you do. If you don't eat a 70oz bucket of popcorn or a huge box of some candy during a movie at home, why do it at the theater. The prices are outrageous and that stuff is bad for you anyways.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes they are pricey but you are not required to buy from them. You could buy at other stores not affiliated with the cinema. If the certain movie house only accepts food that is purchased from their affiliated stores, I immediately turn around and go to another cinema.

4. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    Theatre foods are way over priced. I never buy food from there unless I really don't have time to go to shops and would be late for the movies. But I usually brought food in and it's not illegal to do that (in the Philippines anyway). I once brought in a packed spaghetti meal coz I was so hungry when I went to the theatre and don't have time to eat before that. It was a bit difficult to eat as it's so dark inside and I can't see my food (which I don't like when eating). But hey ho, I was hungry! Hahahaha.. :D

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't think it should be wrong to bring your own snacks with you, of course within reason. As long as you're not bringing whole meals inside the theater then they should allow the customers to do whatever they want so they can get a better theater experience. In contrast, they should just also find some good compromises and try to update their theater snacks menu since I usually bring my own not because of the price but because of the lack in choices.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At Walmart, they sell the theater sized boxes of candy for 98 cents. Even if I don't make it to Walmart, there's a Dollar Tree and a supermarket in the same shopping center as the movie theater. I don't know how that theater stays in business when people can just buy candy at the Dollar Tree.

7. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Hahaha. This made me laugh more than it needed to as well!
    I personally think that the cashiers or whoever is in charge at th moment would get very intimidated because they the saves know how crazily the candy and popcorn is priced so I think they might even join you on this business of selling the same candy for less. I wish I thought of this first!haha.

8. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I don't think it's wrong at all. If you pay for your movie tickets, then you can eat whatever the heck you want while you're watching it. They say it's "wrong" to sneak candy or drinks in just because they know theirs are extremely overpriced. Even popcorn!