Theme parks

Discussion in Travel started by Sweetkymom • Apr 10, 2014.

1. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    How far will you travel to go to a theme park? How far did you drive and what made you choose that park? The most I drove to a theme park is 3 hours. We chose that park as a family destination because we've never been to that park before. It was Cedar Point we went to. I found the park to be interesting but I have been to others I fount more interesting.

If you haven't been to a theme park, which one would you like to visit someday?

2. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    I'm not a huge fan of theme parks because they tend to be so expensive, the lines are long, etc. I did enjoy a few trips to Six Flags when I was younger, though. The most I would drive was about 2-3 hours away because that was the only one around. I love rollercoasters, so the long lines were always kind of worth it for me, but my man hates them, so we haven't gone in a very long time. I probably wouldn't travel very far to go to one now.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have traveled a couple hours before to get to a Six Flags, but I wouldn't go further than that unless it was to Disney World and Universal Studios in Orlando (including Harry Potter world, of course). But for regular theme parks, a couple of hours drive is probably the most I would do!

4. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    We don't have Theme Parks in our city so traveling to one, plus the ticket price, can prove expensive. There are enough cheap forms of the entertainment in our city and I'll stick to those. Maybe some years in the future when kids come into the equation we'll travel and visit some :)

I think part of the reason I'm not a fan of theme parks is because I never visited one but by looking at videos I can tell that they seem fun.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I've ever traveled specifically to a theme park, but I do visit one if there is a cool one near to where I'm vacationing.
    The worst part is the long lines like it has been said, and also going under scorching heat is a terrible idea, unless it's an aquatic park.
    At the end of the day you usually just plop down into bed completely exhausted.

6. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    The furthest I've traveled was about 3 1/2 hours. I live in FL and have annual passes to Universal Studios. I try to go as much as possible and the drive isn't that bad. If you're traveling with friends and/or family, especially, if they are entertaining you'll be there in no time. :D

#6Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  7. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I like in Maryland, and I'm afraid of heights, so theme parks aren't the biggest attractions in the world for me. However, when I was a teenager, I remember going on trips over the summer to theme parks in Virginia. I can't remember which ones (King Dominion maybe?), but I remember enjoying it. I've been to Disney Land, would love to go to Disney World one day.

8. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I traveled 8 hours for my birthday to go to the theme park known as Kemah Boardwalk. When I tell you is s island all by itself. Many parks within parks. Aquariums and restaurants if you haven't been there please go you love it. Best Scenery and food ever.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the theme park. If it's something like Six Flags where they mostly only have rides I don't like to go too far. I live in Maryland and I always wanted to see dolphins in person so I was perfectly willing to go all the way to San Diego to visit Sea World. Of course we flew. I don't know if it's viable to drive that far.

10. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    If your looking for an amazing coaster experience,i have one in my list that is cedar point,go to either Cedar Point and i bet you like Cedar point in all of them..

11. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    I also not much interested in theme parks. But i visited theme park disney world. It was quite a wonderful experience for me. Theme parks are best destinations for familytrip.

12. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    I always love to visit Theme parks. They always attract me a lot. I think it is a best way to fresh yourself and enjoy the natural beauty. I have been visiting many parks of this world just like Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort, Everland, Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland,
    Ocean Park Hong Kong and Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I love my visit in all these parks and there are many parks still in my bucket list.