Themify

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Juno • Jan 21, 2015.

1. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone here blog and do you have a preferred theme that you use or had developed? I was wondering if anyone ever used Themify to purchase a them or build their own blog site. I was thinking of signing up, but I'm not sure how complicated it really is. The whole point is to sign up would be to find a non-technical way to build my own blog site, but I'm not fully confident that this is it. Any input would be helpful.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't used Themify. I always pay someone else to handle the design process because a personalized theme is always better than one that looks like it was grabbed from a cheap service. If you have the money, then pay for an actual developer to handle this process. Otherwise, Themify will do a decent job at worst, I'd say.

3. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking of going with a developer at this point because the whole process of downloading and uploading a theme is starting to feel bit complicated. If I am lost right there, that is a sign that I need help. The thing with professionals, is that they don't really explain what they are doing. They just do it, then I'm lost when I'm trying to maintain the site. So, this time I was going to start from scratch myself in hopes that it would help me understand the maintenance portion better. There always seems to be something that needs to be updated and I go through a lot of Q/A to get my site up to date.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I know a bit about web design so when it comes to it I either modify a preexisting theme or just create my own. I haven't used Themify nor any other website theme services, I've tried it before and so far I didn't like it since most of the themes are quite pricey and offers very limited customization options and some of them also have permanent 'water marks'.

5. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    They have a 30days return policy. You could take advantage of that and see if you can do the website yourself. Everybody talks a lot about Elegant Themes. I bought it and found that it did not suit my requirement so I asked for a refund and it was done without any argument, immediately. Your requirements are unique and you should try for yourself and see if it fits them. It is always more satisfying if you do the web design yourself. It may not be professional (it could be better), but you can keep modifying it. What do you do if you have to modify a site that has been developed by somebody else? How long will you depend on them? It is fine if it is a business site or a corporate site but for a personal blog, it is better you do your own design. Just my two cents.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Wordpress bloghosting site has some really decent them that you can use free of charge, some free themes are almost on par with the paid ones. You might want to check it out.