Thin Crust or Thick Crust Pizza?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by tosaytheleast • Jul 12, 2012.

1. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I just want to know what's your preference? I would pick thin crust so that I could have more toppings! Cheese and sausages! :D

2. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you, a thin crust for sure! If the crust is too thick I might as well eat toasted bread with a filling.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I LOVE a good, crispy and THIN base...I am not a big fan of thick bases...as it just fills your mouth up with too much crust...and not enough of the fillings...which is the exciting part! I love lots of grilled vegetables and cheeses on top of a great thin base. Yummy to the max!

4. theaaa

theaaaNew Member

Threads:
    Thin crust for sure! I don't like thick crusts too much because they're generally oily. I also want to enjoy the pizza's toppings, and eating those with a thick crust kind of ruins the texture and the flavor.

5. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Thin crust, definitely! When Domino's came to my country, it was all I ever had. Then here in Cape Town, most restaurants serve thin crust pizzas - LOVE IT especially peri-peri garlic pizza bread!

6. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    It is relative to me depending on the pizza. If I want many toppings then thin crust but if I want something I can fill up with quickly then thick crust is perfect!!!

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer the middle ground, but if I only have two choices, then the thin crust. I love to eat pizza, so I would want at least three slices and that thick crust would interfere a bit in my opinion. Not to mention, there are more varieties of pizza that seem to have a thinner crust, like deep dish, so I find myself eating a thin crust pizza more often than not.

8. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I like the thicker crust because it's more filling. The thin crust is like eating cardboard :D. i know people that are on a diet and they prefer the thin crust, but the thicker one taste better to me. I also like stuffed crust that's my favorite.

9. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I go through phases.... I used to love the thick crust..... but the past few years the thinner I can find it the better. Less chewing, and it feels like less carbs to me. Not sure if its true but its what I tell myself.

10. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    Thin crust veggie or handtossed pepperoni. I love all kinds of pizza, but these are my absolutely favorites. I don't think that you can call thin crust pizza a low (or even lower) carb meal, but it's really good sometimes, so whatever works.

11. MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMildMember

Threads:
    I think it depends on where I'm getting my pizza or if I'm making it. I would never eat any other pizza from Pizza Hut except their pan. They kind of broke the mold there for me. Papa John's is my fave when it comes to thin crust. Also, I like their pizza better because it isn't nearly as greasy, but I'm boycotting Papa John's right now....so bully on them. Domino's makes an amazing deep dish, and I prefer that kind of pizza from them. If I'm making my own crust, I tend to make thin because frankly, it's easier.

12. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I like it thick because I make my pizzas at home and I use a garlic bread crust. It is totally worth it.

13. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I love thick crust over thin better its more to eat I guess. Just like deepdish over handtoss pizza. Nothin like a thick crust deep dish cheese pizza lol.

14. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I like the thick, doughy and delicious crust, as long as it doesn't contain hot dogs, cheese, hamburgers and whatever else disgusting ingredient they add to the crust. Thin crust is fine, but for me, it should only be for gourmet pizzas, like pesto as the sauce and feta as the cheese.

15. PurpleWasabi

PurpleWasabiNew Member

Threads:
    Though I like both thin crust and thick crust, I'd have to side with thin crust. It's just something about the crunch you get from each bite that makes the pizza that much more delicious. Though, there is a bit of a down side to thin crust pizzas. Unlike a pizza with a thicker crust, thin crust pizzas don't seem to hold as many toppings. Despite this, a thin crust's crunch is much too satisfying to beat.

16. Wasabi

WasabiNew Member

Threads:
    I actually do not enjoy eating the crust if it isn't stuffed. Rather, I wouldn't eat it if it wasn't stuffed. I would think, while you have all of this grease on the main part of the pizza, the crust would be mainly used just to hold it.

Bottom line, thick or thin doesn't matter to me, I would enjoy it either way as long as there is cheese inside.

17. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I like thin crust pizzas only. Trick crusts make it taste a lot worse IMO.

18. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer thin crust pizza, but I wouldn't turn down thick crust pizza. I don't like thick crust pizza stuffed with anything. I like plain crust.

19. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    ^^ Hahaha me too!!!!

I go through phases as well. For me it depends where it's coming from, too. I love pizza, though, so I will eat just about any kind as long as there aren't any...weird...toppings :D

20. Moneysaver93

Moneysaver93Member

Threads:
    While I like thin crust sometimes, I prefer thick crust. That way, I don't eat more than I should.You just seem to eat more pizza when the crust is thin then you would if it was thick.