Things You Don't Buy Online

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Ani_m • Sep 14, 2017.

1. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    Online shopping has many benefits. Many times you will find better prices and more offers in items like shoes, clothes, supplies, etc. But the certain things to avoid. Sometimes the prices are too good to be true and for some things, you never truly know how they will arrive. So, what are the things you avoid shopping for online?

2. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Everything, I don't try to buy something online because I want to see what I am buying first. I want to feel the item and give it a good thought if it is worth sending. Online shopping doesn't give me that sense of control. I always feel like I am gambling my money and I am at the losing end of the table.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    In general, the type of food that I don't like to buy online are foods. I need to see the food, smell it and / or approve it. Without doing this, I don't buy anything.

4. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    I've never bought consumable goods or foods online and I don't think I will ever. Inner-wear clothing are also on the list of the things I can't purchase online. I also often avoid products that don't grant a warrant.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're home bound and need groceries, can order online at Safeway, and have them delivered their door. So buying food online if s now very good simple and safe. Walmart has delivery services in some States, so you can get many non food items at Walmart bargain prices. These new services, is very valuable for many elderly and handicapped. I like this idea of having food deliveries by these big stores who has everything even prescriptions; though I don't know if they deliver prescriptions to the door too. I like to get most things online, and have store pick up for Walmart has a discounted price when you buy online and have store pick up. I have ebates.com where you can make cash when you sign up to use their sites to shop. I've bought shoes online and have had good experiences

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're home bound and need groceries, can order online at Safeway, and have them delivered their door. So buying food online if s now very good simple and safe. Walmart has delivery services in some States, so you can get many non food items at Walmart bargain prices. These new services, is very valuable for many elderly and handicapped. I like this idea of having food deliveries by these big stores who has everything even prescriptions; though I don't know if they deliver prescriptions to the door too. I like to get most things online, and have store pick up for Walmart has a discounted price when you buy online and have store pick up. I have ebates.com where you can make cash when you sign up to use their sites to shop. I've bought shoes online and have had good experiences as with all else I bought online. I don't mind buying most anything online, except for plants. Plants are one thing I like to see before I buy so I'd rather not buy them online.

7. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought things online that I feel were mistakes but like other people here I think the only thing I really wouldn't want to buy online is food unless I absolutely had to and then it would be from local supermarkets so there wouldn't be any hefty return fees or long delays in getting it replaced.

I have bought shoes online that didn't fit very well so unless I am sure about the sizing I probably won't buy this product because shoe sizes vary so much.

8. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Normally, I don't fancy buying stuffs online because of some irregularities that plague the transaction process. One might see a product online and from the looks of everything it's worth buying the said price display on the platform but after buying and having it delivered, some products appear to be practically different from exactly what was displayed online.

A friend of mine had one experience in buying a wrist watch online and upon delivery, she discovered that some of beautifying silver stones used in designing the watch has fallen off. She was totally displeased with such and vowed not to buy online ever again.

Now I can manage to buy some electronics with warranty online, at least that warranty would serve as a safe bet should anything go wrong but what I can never dare to buy online are food stuffs like fruits and vegetables. It's not healthy to my understanding to buy such perishable items online as some might be used preservatives on just to keep them fresh and it's not entirely healthy to consume such in my opinion.

9. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy medicine online. Medicine is one sensitive item that needs doctors approval and recommendations. I need to be sure of the dosage, side effects and a guarantee that it will be exchanged if I get side effects. Buying online won't offer all the security I will need.

10. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, and i'm relatively the same as well, buying medicine in a pharmacy may seem outdated to some people but it's the safest way.

11. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought food items online and won't dare to try to buy it online any day. The reason is that I prefer shopping for food items in the market for it gives me the chance to make choices of the ones I like and bargain for it considering the condition I see it in. I've seen people who tried to buy food items online and got disappointed with the type of products that were delivered to them and that makes me tighten my decision not to buy food items online.

12. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I don't buy electronics online. I have tried ordering electronics twice online and twice I have been disappointed. Those electronics always become faulty in a short time. I guess buying electronics online is not for me, though might work for others.

13. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I will probably not buy clothes or electronics online as I always want to try these items before paying for them. I'm aware that online stores tend to offer more discounts for gadgets but these benefits can often be matched if you buy offline during sales season or if you hold off and wait a little bit more before buying. I'm also not particularly impressed with most delivery or replacement time. I've bought a mini sewing machine in the past and it took the store four days to deliver.

14. mrwhite

mrwhiteNew Member

Threads:
    The only thing I won't buy online is cooked food. I always like to know in person whoever is preparing what I will put into my stomach. Also, I would be reluctant to buy clothing on the internet. I'm very selective when it comes to d

15. mrwhite

mrwhiteNew Member

Threads:
    The only thing I won't buy online is cooked food. I always like to know in person whoever is preparing what I will put into my stomach. Also, I would be reluctant to buy clothing on the internet. I'm very selective when it comes to what I wear, and I wouldn't want to buy what I may not like at the end.

16. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I could buy everything online. I do not buy fresh fruits and vegetables online although I seen this facility is available in some cities. Online sellers take the trouble to give you the very best.

17. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Few years back I wasn't used to of online shopping. But now I am doing it for lots of things. I have even purchased big electronic item like TV and which is working really well since more than a year. So I am quite confident about almost all things. One thing which I have never tried it yet is food. So far I haven't purchased any food item from any online site. I am not confident about it, but may be I should try it.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy everything online without a problem if the price is right and return policy is mentioned. However, what I avoid is cooked food unless I know the quality of that particular restaurant or have eaten there before. The other thing that stops my from buying online is the postage/courier charge. If that is not suitable then I would not buy.

19. vinsenspy

vinsenspyNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with you Mildredtabitha. Even I do not buy medicines online. I really think we cannot guarantee that drugs are safe and effective if we buy them online, knowing that there are websites selling medicines that may put people’s health at risk. Mostly these medicines are sold cheap over the internet. We have to be very careful because it involves risking our health.

Aside from medicines I also don’t buy gadgets including cellphone and computer online. I prefer checking its appearance condition first personally before I decide to purchase it. I believe we need to be a little bit fussy when it comes to goods or services we purchase especially if they are really expensive. Earning money is not easy and we need to make sure that the quality of the product we pay for is worth paying for it. Not only will it satisfy our needs but also we get worthwhile goods or services.

20. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Hmm, that is a tough one to answer. I usually buy a lot of products online to save time and a bit of money. I suppose the only things that I choose not to buy online would be products such as lotion, deodorant, and various sprays. However, I might consider buying these products if I am really in need of them.