Things You'd Never Wear

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by anorexorcist • Jul 18, 2015.

1. anorexorcist

anorexorcistNew Member

Threads:
    Hi! So today I went to shopping and I have watched some clothing items that I would definitely never wear, or at least I'd never wear them on public and I've come to simple conclusions: I'd never wear Crocs, excessively ripped jeans, or leggings.
    So, what about you? What are the things that you'd never wear?

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    There are very few things I can say I’ll never wear. But I have to say, crop tops are one thing. It’s funny because I know I could probably pull them off from an aesthetic standpoint, but I’d feel way too uncomfortable and exposed if I tried. And I could never, ever sit down!

I’m also not a huge fan of anything midi-length because I don’t care for the way it makes my legs look. Maxi skirts, I’m pretty short so I think those would just eat me up.

3. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Anything that exposes my tummy, I probably would not wear. I am just not comfortable exposing too much skin. I also have not so thin arms so I really do not like wearing any clothes that exposes them which are sleeveless clothes.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Add me to the list of people who wouldn't wear cropped tops. Even when I was 20, I never had a washboard stomach. I'm just not built that way. I also wouldn't wear sequins or sweatpants with words written across the butt.

5. LeopardJones

Threads:
    I was actually just wondering if anyone still made sweatpants with words across the butt, hahaha. That’s something I am proud to say I’ve never worn. And I’m definitely out of the age range where that would be acceptable, so I don’t see it happening now either.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    - I never wear T-shirts with fancy quotes.

- You'll never see me in short sleeved shirts.

- Though I do work a lot outdoors, overalls/dungarees I never will wear.

- Tight pants.

- Leather pants.

The list could be longer . . .

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmm.. I won't wear anything with a brand plastered on it. Nothing yellow lol, does that count? Makes me look ill. Don't wear leather or any other animals. There isn't much I wouldn't wear.. it really depends. If something is super trending, I stay away from it.. 'bout it, I think.

8. hosewalker

hosewalkerMember

Threads:
    As a male, I would never wear Chinos. I think that chino's are horrible and overrated compared to jeans. They also don't last as long and they fade faster. Chinos are also very overpriced these days even though their popularity is all but gone. At one stage in my life I considered buying a pair of Chinos but looking back at that I feel stupid. The gist of this paragraph is that I hate Chinos and would never wear them.

9. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    "Tough Guy" t-shirts. Those are those tight t's with usually tribal, spikey or tattooy designs with names like TapOut, Ed Hardy and Affliction.
    I also have a distaste for plain shirts with just the name of a designer like Dolce or Armani. I mean if you like a the way a particular designer makes their clothes, that's awesome I'm all about craftsmanship. I get why my girl wants to spend a hundred or two on a nice bag that's well designed, useful and durable.
    But just having a plain old (and normally too tight) shirt with the name of a designer? Makes me think you don't care about how it's designed you just want people to think you spent too much money on a basic shirt.

10. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I will not wear crocs either. They are not attractive. I will not wear leggens and real tight pants. That would be too uncomfortable. I will not wear extremely high heels. I would just be in pain, teeter tottering and subject to fall. That is just too high a price to pay for "beauty".

11. LeopardJones

Threads:
    I never liked those T-shirts or other brand-covered items either (unless there’s a clever satirical element, maybe). From an aesthetic standpoint it’s just vacant, plus it’s free advertising for the designers and brands. If I’m gonna wear something with their logo, they should be paying me, not the other way around!

12. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    I would never wear leggings because its too tight. Plus I know I have thunder thighs. Thunder thighs are when your thighs are really big. My thighs are so big they rub against each other. I am more into vintage clothes. These new fashions are disgusting.

13. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never liked tight pants or shorts. I also would never wear crocs or thongs in the street. Nest on the list would be tops that expose my belly or mini skirts. Basically, I don't like anything that is "mini" or "midi". I also don't like tight tops, as I live in a very hot climate, and they make me sweat easily. There is nothing more uncomfortable for me than to have to put up with sweat stains. I like to feel fresh and airy, able to move around freely, while my body is protected from the harsh sun.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a fan of shorts. I think that I have expressed that on this forum before though lol. But I will wear them if I have to. I don't like any type of clothing where my legs are exposed. I don't know why - I almost feel exposed and unsafe when my legs are exposed? I will just about wear shorts. But I will not - absolutely will not - wear dresses. I just can't.

15. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I would never wear crocs ever. Those things are so ugly. I can't believe how many people actually wear them and they even have the fut lined ones for winter. I, also, would never wear a bikini. I just don't have the body for it. I thinks it's great when people can wear them and feel confident about they they look in them.

16. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    These: (sorta NSFW)

...and also see my other thread on "Manties", lol, aka men's lace panties. No. Way. In. Hell. LOL.

Some other things I will no longer wear or never wore in the first place and won't any time soon:

- Jean shorts. Way too hot and "heavy" feeling, especially on a really hot day when you're going to be outside a lot. They feel so restrictive when you're walking around in them because the denim is so thick. Bad relic of the 90's.

- Layered clothing. I can't even stand wearing a t-shirt under my dress shirts. Yet I see some guys later a t-shirt, with a dress shirt, then a sweater, vest or casual suit jacket on top of that. I get claustrophobic just looking at that. Not to mention I would be sweating profusely. Too stuffy feeling.

- Skinny jeans. Not that I would ever fit into these in the first place. But even if I could, I still wouldn't want to wear them. Unless you're endowed like a hamster, I don't see how these could be the least bit comfortable.

- North Face attire. This has become a rather popular "snob" brand in my neck of the woods, not sure how popular it is elsewhere in the US.

17. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It would more be like what WOULD I wear being that I'm not big on clothes. I don't think I'd ever wear crocs. I would definitely not wear the styled ripped jeans (I only have one pair of jeans with a rip and that's because I accidentally ripped them at the knee. I wore them when I painted my room). I wear tankinis but bikinis are a no no. For me it's like wearing a bra and underwear but I think it's great when other women can wear them and pull it off. It's easier to expose yourself with those especially since you always have to tie them. I also would not wear cropped tops for the reason of exposing. I've never been into dresses for myself. I suppose I would have to make an exception at a wedding but I like them on other women just not me. I will put my virtual self in them though hehe. I hate overalls. I never understood how that was stylish. Don't even get me started on the plain shirts with the one pocket. I don't like them on men let alone myself. I also have grown a distaste for flowery prints. Don't like them on furniture or clothes. I'm not into the North Face brand either or most sporty brands in general. I also do not wear bras anymore ever since I heard they could cause cancer (yes I know everything can cause cancer) and it made me think about how restrictive they are. Hopefully I don't get any bigger of a bust when I'm older. I switched to camisoles instead and don't wear them too much when I'm at home.

18. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Anything of an all-in-one nature. Jumpsuits, playsuits, onesies, swimming costumes - never. They are just so inconvenient. Having to virtually strip off every time you need the loo is annoying.

19. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I don't think I could pull off long maxi skirts or dresses. I'm not terribly short at 5'5 but I just don't like how they look on me. I'm also with the OP, I hate crocs and I can't wear those ever. Hmm I also don't think I could pull off the mix-matching prints look. Aesthetically speaking, it just bothers me.

20. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    When I was 14, I loved to wear really tight jeans and being proactive then, it was common to get them ripped naturally but discarded when it was impossible keep sewing it. Ripped jeans then were not a fashion nor good taste choice unless you were a beggar or something.

Today that everybody wears ripped jeans, this is exactly one of the clothes I would never buy, in fact I don't longer wear jeans but mostly leggings, tights and leotards.

I wouldn't wear strapless blouses nor dresses, and either clothing with smocking embroidery or pumps, which are horrid shoes from my standpoint and look terribly demodé. This is fashion from the 1940s!