Think It's Safe To Buy Winter Boots Online?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Natasha0717 • Nov 13, 2017.

1. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    Hi all, I've been to 3 different shoe stores, and then Walmart and Meijer, and I can't seem to find the kind of winter boots I'm looking for. The kind I have are "ok" ...but they're pretty short. They would be perfect if they could only be about 3 inches taller. The boots I have almost want to be ankle boots, (they're a little higher than that) - but I still need them higher. I've given up looking around for a decently-priced pair in shoe stores, they're all $70 + .......and need a cheaper pair. I'm about to go searching on Amazon. I always seem to find whatever I'm looking for there. Only one problem, can't try them on first. It's a risk, but I always buy boots one size bigger than my shoe-size (6 1/2) - I usually will go for a 7 or even 7 1/2 when it comes to boots. Amazon has great deals, too....just the sizing will be tricky. Have you ever bought shoes or boots online? How did it go? Any size problems?

2. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Boots are manufactured using standardized sizes that can fit people with the same size. What you have to do is to send them the size of your feet under description. They will them look for that size and then send to you. If that is exactly your size, they cant fail to fit.

3. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest, the only thing I have bought online is e-books. All my clothing and shoe shopping is done offline. I am always worried about the feel not the size in particular since I have very small feet and I am always lucky to get shoes in my size. I don't shop online for clothes and shoes because I prefer to feel and fit the item before purchase.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is not to discourage online shopping but with shoes, the best way to buy is to have a fitting before actually buying. It is customary in shoe stores for customers to try the shoes for size. The store attendant would even coax you to walk and feel the shoes on your feet. Think of the big hassle if the boots would not fit your feet properly, you have to send it back and wait for the replacement. What happens if the replacement doesn't fit again? It's not a good idea to buy shoes online.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buying shoes and boots online will always be tricky because of the different fits and also whether they are comfortable or not. I tend to only buy items I can return or things like ballet pumps or slip ons that will be okay. I usually buy Boden boots because the fit is standard, the items are good quality and there are free returns too.

6. Mahi

MahiMember

Threads:
    Yes, its safe to buy boots online. There are many trusted online sites where you can get the best product at an affordable rate. You can even return or exchange the shoes if they don't fit properly. Many E-commerce portals don't charge any additional cost like shipping charges.

7. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    Definitely safe, why wouldn't it be? Depends on where you buy it though, but if you buy from official sites it shouldn't be a problem. It is possible however that this time of the year that most winter boots are sold out due to the high demand.

8. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Online purchasing is really safe if you know from where you are dealing. I will like to say that I also sometimes prefer online shopping and that is best for me to save my time and money too. Like my friend had been order