Thinking about selling my iPad

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by isabbbela • Jan 7, 2015.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Around six months ago I was really excited to buy an iPad. It was my very first Apple product and I was very happy about it. I had never even had a tablet before, so it was all new. However, within a couple of months I noticed I was not using it as much as I originally thought I would. After that I also bought an iPhone, and honestly between my iPhone and my actual notebook, I don't see a reason why I have an iPad! It's one of those things I think was unnecessary to purchase... I never grab it and I even forgot to bring it with me on my trip. To be completely honest, I didn't miss it at all during my three weeks away.

So now I'm thinking about selling my iPad. I actually might have someone who would give me quite some money for it, so with six months of use I wouldn't have even been lost that much money. I'm not sure if it's worth it, I'm not sure if I will regret the decision of selling it! Once I buy something I'm very possessive with it. It hurts me to sell it. However, I could definitely use the extra money and if I'm not even using the product anyway, shouldn't I think about selling it?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds like you are pretty undecided about parting with your iPad, but if you aren't using it and have a willing buyer, you may want to consider selling it, especially if you can use the money. Of course, the decision is solely yours to make, but after reading your post I sort of felt you were looking for someone to tell you that it is okay if you want to sell it...and you know what...it is! If you don't use it, it's taking up space so it's basically a paperweight right now. If you can fully function with your phone and your notebook maybe you don't need it anyway. And, there are so many different tablets on the market now maybe it's just not the right one for you. If you sell it and find yourself wishing you had a tablet of some sort, go ahead and research your options and there will be plenty available to choose from!

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can always buy another one later if you decide to and it will go out of date in another 6 months. if you don't need it or use and there is a buyer and you need the cash then sell it. I have a Galaxy Tab as a gift, but I use my laptop most of the time. If you have an iPhone and a laptop, a tablet is just an extra. I think you feel bad it's sitting there not getting much use and will devalue, so sell it and if you miss it you can get another one later.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hey, the good thing about the iPads (and Apple products in general) is that they hold their value extremely well. People are willing to pay a premium for them compared to other used devices, and that's not a bad thing when you own one. I'd say go ahead and sell it because it's not like you won't be able to find one later if you want one. Although you will have to pay that premium that your very buyer is going to do. That's just how it works with Apple products, and I have no problem with it. :]

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I say just sell it. If you want one later on then you could probably just add a few to the amount you got and get an even newer model. I myself like my ipad and I get tons of use on it but I also do have friends who have one and they don't use it either so you may just be like them to not be as interested in a bigger screen.

6. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    This is the big problem with Apples tablets is that it pretty much is just a big iPod Touch. They never was really able to differentiate between the two besides the software, size, and camera capabilities. The fact is they made them too similar to such a degree that more and more people are wondering why they even own both.

7. michael.galarneau

michael.galarneauNew Member

Threads:
    Sometimes, it can be hard to part with personal items we have become attached to for various reasons. It sounds like in your case, though, that you could really use the money. My humble opinion is you should sell it to your contact. If you were meant to have one, then you will get another one in the future.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Sell it!

Why is my answer so simple? Because while you are torn, this isn't something you are using regularly and you know it was a splurge. You need the money now. In the future, you can easily repurchase a tablet. There's nothing sentimental about this specific one and if you decide you miss it, you can buy another. It's completely replaceable and you're not losing anything by getting rid of it. And realistically, you can get another, cheaper, tablet instead of an iPad in the future since this isn't a daily item you use. You don't have any real need for an expensive Apple product that you rarely use. A tablet of another variety may be better for you.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's better for you to sell it, the sooner, the better, because gadgets lose their value as they get old and are being replaced by newer models, so grab the opportunity to make as much money as you can. After all, you said it yourself, you don't use or need it, so just sell it.