Thinking about switching my ISP

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by ozadin • May 17, 2013.

1. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Currently, I'm getting Internet and cable from Time Warner Cable. Overall, I am not satisfied with their service which is why I'm looking for a new ISP. What TWC advertises and what they actually provide are two different things. They overcharge for false speeds. Currently, when I do a speedtest, I get an amazing rate of 15mb download and 1mb upload. Not great considering I'm still paying a lot each month, which I can probably get better speeds at the same price.

So what do you guys recommend? I am thinking about Verizon since they are probably one of the best Internet providers out there.

2. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have atnt they have a pretty fast internet, but now I am using fidelity which is ok, but not as fast as Atnt was. We don't have very many choices here when it comes to cable and internet. But I sure could use a really fast connection, but don't think that I could get it here.

3. kdlt

kdltNew Member

Threads:
    I've heard not-so-good things about TWC before. Sorry it's not working out for you! I suggest Charter if you want to pay a good chunk of money because the speeds are wonderful, however the customer service isn't great so if there's any problems, you're likely to get frustrated. I want to pay a bit less so I'm looking into Frontier but I can't recommend them or give the pros/cons for them yet.

4. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I think you should go with Verizon actually, they provide a great service and don't lie about their internet speeds. I know several people that are with this ISP and have had no problems at all.

5. stevensmith

stevensmithBanned

Threads:
    i dont think that TWC would be considred as the good service provider here, i am impressed with the services of vodafone better to go for them now

6. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not from the same country, but even I've heard that Verizon is probably one of the better ones. They have a good reputation online at least. I guess you're not in a location with the famous Google Fiber which everyone raves about.

7. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, I'm thinking about making the switch to Verizon soon. The slow speeds that TWC provides is just frustrating me.

Yeah, Google Fiber is only available in Kansas City where I live. I'm hoping they are coming soon since I really want to use their services.