Thinking Of Trying Blue Apron Or Hello Fresh Meal Delivery?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sundyd • Sep 14, 2015.

1. sundyd

sundydNew Member

Threads:
    Lately, I have been hearing about meal delivery services like Blue Apron and Hello Fresh. The meals come to you packaged and "refrigerated." They are delivered to your doorstep ready to be prepared. Has anyone had experience with this? If so, do you think it is cost effective? Are the recipes easy to prepare? And, most importantly, can they really feed a family of four with what's included?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven not heard of these meal delivery services. I have heard of Graze which is a box of nutritious snacks that comes to your door. I have also heard of Peapod, and similar services that deliver groceries to your door. It is really up to you as to whether it is worth the cost you pay. It is not likely to be inexpensive. You may be able to find coupons for these sites though.

3. sundyd

sundydNew Member

Threads:
    I have now looked at both websites. If you order two meals per week, feeding a family of four, it would cost a total of $69.00. It is a little more than what you would spend per meal, per person at the market, but the variety and convenience might be worth it. Additionally, you are able to cook your meals with step-by-step recipe cards and try out new dishes. I think I'll give it a try, and then I will report back with my thoughts.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only service similar to this one I know of is the DietChef in the UK. I was very interested in it when I first heard of it, but at £7 per day, I thought it was a little pricey. It was a shame because I heard some great reviews and people were losing weight on the diet.

The ones you're looking at sound a little different. So you basically have to prepare the food yourself, not just warm it up as it's ready to eat? I hope you find what you're looking for; convenience is really everything in our hectic modern day lives. Anything that saves you a little time is worth considering :)

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Have you watched itsjudyslife on YouTube? I think they are sponsored by Blue Apron. Anyway, I think only the recipe and ingredients are delivered to your doorstep. You have to prepare the meal yourself. Unlike other services where they give you the meal fully prepared already.

I think Judy from itsjudyslife loves Blue Apron because of the variety. They eat new meals everyday because of Blue Apron. They even have the option of choosing from different meals since Blue Apron delivers at least two packages of ingredients and recipes each day. It is a nice way of exploring new meal ideas. Plus you save time as you don't have to grocery shop anymore.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My cousin uses this, but as she works full-time in New York city, it's hard to go grocery shopping unless she goes to Wholefoods. I can't see why people would use this if they have time to shop, because the portions only feed a couple and not a family of four. This is really aimed at working couples and families where both the parents work to be honest. Put it this way there are never any leftovers. If you are spending $70 for two meals for a family of four I wonder what on earth you are eating? Many people who shop for a week of groceries for a family of four can eat well for $100 a week.