Thinx - Reinventing 'period Panties'

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by wannatakeawalk • Jul 3, 2015.

1. wannatakeawalk

wannatakeawalkNew Member

Threads:
    So I'm heard about this new product that's been invented. It's called

(I think that's inspired by Spanx?) It's period-proof underwear so you won't need pads, tampons, or menstrual cups. They seem to be really high quality and they donate money to charity when you buy a pair. I can't afford to buy a pair right now but do plan on picking some up when I can. They are really detailed about the design process of the underpants in their videos. There are different styles and colours and just look like normal underwear.

FYI - If you buy more than three at a time, you get a percentage off. Also, if you sign up for their newsletter, you get free shipping.

2. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is one of those things that seems like a good idea.... until you think about it.

So you are at work and need to change your pad/tampon whatever--except no, it's sewn into your knickers. So what do you do? Take extra knickers to work and carry the used blood-soaked ones around in your purse and then get home to wash them?

Ew. No thanks.

3. wannatakeawalk

wannatakeawalkNew Member

Threads:
    If you look at the site, there are different 'flows' so they hold enough that you can wear them for the day without needing to change out of them. On heavy days it'd be great to at least have as a back up. On medium to light days you wouldn't need anything else.

4. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    Not to get too graphic but there is a volume of "stuff" I would to want to walk around with stored down there. I like to be able to just get rid of it. I mean I could replace tissues with old cloth handkerchiefs as well. But I would not consider it a step forward for convenience or hygiene.

This may be the perfect product for some people, but not for me.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a good idea to a point and I'm sure that some people will love these pants. However, I really don't like the thought of using the same pad for the full day. I wouldn't feel clean at all.

Also, you're going to need at least 2 pairs of these knickers if you intend to rely on them as your sole form of sanpro. One to wear and one in the wash. Let's face it, you'd probably need to carry back-up knickers and sanpro around too, just in case.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I think they're fine for some people, especially for light flow days. Like others said, though, no thanks. My days are often 12-16 hours long and I don't want to wear this type of thing all day long.

7. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    When I have my visitor, it is quite heavy and I feel uncomfortable not changing it every 2 hours at least. The thought of not changing the whole day just makes me cringe! I would rather use the cloth napkins that are eco friendly and easy to change!

8. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    From the website, they're designed to be BACKUP for tampons or menstrual cups or used alone only on very light days. I typically use a menstrual cup AND a pantyliner. The pantyliner gets the occasional light spot on it if I don't have the cup inserted correctly or if it overflows. I very rarely need to change the pantyliner outside of the house. Switching to these would make the pantyliner unnecessary. That might be more comfortable and convenient. I tried lunapanties to avoid pantyliners but those were too bulky for my preferences. These look thinner.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Ah yes, I think you're right. I can see how these might be an okay replacement for pantyliners for those types of situations. So long as they're not super bulky, then it would eliminate needing to add the extra pad.

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know. If I was on a light day I think I would be fine with wearing pantyliners so I don't really have a need for these panties I really just wish there was something to replace pads. I actually bought a cup and it's worthless to me because I can't even get it in. If you want cloth pads you have to spend a lot of money for them. Otherwise, if you're looking for cheap prepare to feel like you're wearing a diaper. I probably am more prone to a yeast infection that way when you consider all the chemicals they put in the pads. I hate them so much.