Thoughtless Travel

Discussion in Travel started by efrain silva • Dec 23, 2016.

1. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    Have you ever just thought about hopping a train, car, or plane and just going ANYWHERE for the sake of it? Have you ever felt so fed up with your current situation that you just needed to EXPLODE? Believe me; you are not the only one. I have felt, many times, the same feeling. There is nothing like a good escape. You can map your journey as you go....

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I was ever so desperate to get away from my own place without any planning or without any reason so to speak. I agree we all feel getting away from routine life once in a while but if you think carefully and plan well for occasions like these you will be better off. However, I will let you know if I ever faced such a situation in my life and explain everything in detail.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aimless wandering has not been my trip ever since. I grew up in a frugal family because money was scarce when I was growing up so you can expect that I am not one who would spend for the train ride with no purpose. But I admit that there were times I would walk aimlessly just to relax myself when I am experiencing extreme pressure. And the most I would do is to take a bus or train for a short vacation but not aimlessly.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In fact we have so many tourist place in my surrounding areas that we have to plan very carefully where to go. You see I live in Himalayan area famous for Valley of Flowers, Area of Sacred River Ganges and Heavenly Chardham (Holiest four destination for pilgrimage) that even if we go to any of these places even without any plan that would be worth our money.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    In our local setting, yes I have experienced that. I started taking off to go somewhere which I don't where's my destination. I just travel for no direction at all. I just want to spend time going to nowhere. Since, my purpose to escape reality, I have no reason to blame myself for that aimless travel. Nevertheless, though it is not planned but there are instances I had benefited from it. I went to place where I was able to find my long-lost friend, a classmate, and even a family relative.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have gotten away aimlessly just to get the change of air after working for 15 continous days and nights without much sleep.

It wasn't really an expensive gateaway as I had been lucky to get a ride.

It was good for health though and a much needed break from the same environment.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I had never had an spontanious need to get away, not alone that is but as a family decision. One day we decided to get on a train and head out to a city we had never been to. Nothing was planned so we really didn't know what to expect of it as we chose a random city far from ours. It was fun and got to see how different people live just some hours from where we lived. I would do that again but would be to scared to do it myself.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly travel aimlessly, in fact I am not sure I have ever done that. That is not prudent at all. I know I have traveled sometimes for not very important reasons. If it's for tourism understandable but travelling aimless somehow maybe embarrassing and for security purpose I wouldn't advice that.

9. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    Sure. I get the time off work first though, and I make sure my mortgage and bill are on autopay, I'm not crazy. Last time I just wanted to get away summer was almost over and I chose a place with beach more or less as random. Tybee island. It was great. Lots of people seemed blown away by a woman traveling on her own. No idea why. I think solo impulse holidays are the best of all.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not me, I like to plan my get aways. I always have a destination to go to when I travel. I couldn't just up and go aimlessly. Guess you got to be young to do that without any responsibilities just to up and go. Lucky you if you can just leave one day and travel to wherever you'd like to go and return home. I can't do that for I got my Mom depending on me daily.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    When I read such statements I feel kind of jealous with women. In our area no one gives ride to men but women are given special attention :) At this point of time I feel women are at an advantage and it really helps to save money on travel and maybe fooding too.

12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I would think that the very of notion of this just speaks to having the kind of money that probably none of us will ever have. This is bound to end in overspending, and is the really the opposite of what I would recommend.

13. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think I would plan it out a bit more before I went because the no -planning would give me anxiety too, but I see where you are coming from,thats for sure. Once I could get something in my head though,that would be calming and maybe have a chance of working,I might head out. I think if you can imagine yourself going on your travel escape though,it will definitely calm you down.

14. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I've never felt this way, but I always feel the need to travel. However, it doesn't always have to be something planned, but I need to move and leave the place where I'm (preferably to an unknown location or that I have visited for a long time).

15. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the thread. I am feeling like exploding now and planning to take up a journey like that. I don't know if it helps me but I have a good feeling that it will be a change for me.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @harijobs@harijobs even I am thinking in terms of going somewhere without having a proper plan for a trip but what I feel is that all such trips cost a little more than planned trips. You see, you have to pay extra for your journey, stay and unforeseen expenses. Yes, I can think about such a trip if it's a nearby or at most an overnight trip. However, going for a week long or even longer trip is not in my future plans.

17. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Yes it will cost more in an unexpected way but if you feel like taking one just go for it. That is my policy. I don't think I will take an unplanned trip for a week but only a day, I will return home and think about the day and the experiences I got and learn from them.

#17Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017